(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Ruth: Akane, I hope you don't think I'm being rude but you look amazing. Have you lost weight?
鲁斯:茜,我希望你不会觉得我无礼,你看起来太棒了 。你是不是瘦了?
Akane: Actually, I have.
茜:实际上是的 。
Ruth: Wow. How did you do it?
鲁斯:哇,你是怎么做到的?
Akane: Well, I've been really eating healthy and working out a bit as well.
茜:嗯,我保持饮食健康,再做些运动 。
Ruth: Wow. I read recently actually in the newspaper that there are lots of new gyms opening up. Is that what you've been doing, going to the gym?
鲁斯:哇 。我最近在报纸上看到报道说新开了许多健身房 。去健身房锻炼是不是你坚持在做的事情?
Akane: Ah, yeah actually. I joined a new gym. It wasn't that expensive either and it's been really good.
茜:对啊 。我在一家新开的健身房办了会员 。价格不是很贵,而且也很好 。
Ruth: So, how much was it?
鲁斯:多少钱呢?
Akane: It was about $30 a month. (Oh) Yeah.
茜:一个月大约30美元 。对 。
Ruth: So when you go to the gym, what kind of thing do you do?
鲁斯:你一般去健身房会做什么?
Akane: Um, well, my favorite thing to do is to run on the treadmill, and sometimes I also do weights.
茜:嗯,我最喜欢的是在跑步机上跑步,有时我会做一些力量练习 。
Ruth: You do weights as well? (Mm-hm) Really heavy weights?
鲁斯:你也做力量练习?(嗯)是那种大重量练习吗?
Akane: No just lighter ones.
茜:不是,只是一些小重量练习 。
Ruth: Oh, I see.
鲁斯:哦,我知道了 。
Akane: Yeah.
茜:嗯 。
Ruth: So do you mind the fact when you're in the gym the air is really stuffy and you can always smell people's sweat? Does that not bother you?
鲁斯:健身房空气不流通,而且你能闻到人们的汗味,你不会介意这些?这会令你困扰吗?
Akane: It does actually bother me so I do prefer to go when it's not too crowded.
茜:那确实挺困扰我的,所以我会在人不多的时候去 。
Ruth: Of course, yeah.
鲁斯:当然了 。
Akane: People tend to go after work so I try to go a little bit earlier, or a little bit later. That's a good plan.
茜:人们一般会在下班后去健身房,所以我尽量早点去,或者我会晚些再去 。这是个不错的计划 。
Ruth: But you know, sometimes I still wonder if it's healthy to exercise inside because if you exercise outside you can get more fresh air.
鲁斯:可是你知道,有时我会想在室内锻炼真的健康吗,因为如果你在室外锻炼你可以呼吸更多的新鲜空气 。
Akane: I think you're right about that. It does feel better when I do get exercise outside, but sometimes I'm so busy and if the weather's not good, it's just easier to go the gym.
茜:我想你是对的 。我去室外运动的时候的确感觉更好,不过有时我很忙,而且有时天气不好,所以去健身房更方便 。
Ruth: Well, I suppose so.
鲁斯:嗯,这倒是 。
Akane: Yeah, and a little exercise inside is better than no exercise.
茜:在室内运动总比不做运动强啊 。
Ruth: You're right actually.
鲁斯:你说得对 。
Akane: So if I want to lose weight, what would you recommend?
茜:我想减体重,你有什么推荐吗?
Ruth: Basically, just exercise within your limits and eat healthy.
鲁斯:基本上来说,在你能接受的范围内进行锻炼,还有就是保证饮食健康 。
Akane: I think it's just common sense.
茜:这些是常识 。
Ruth: Really. Do you think I'll lose weight.
鲁斯:对 。你觉得我会减掉体重吗?
Akane: For sure. I think so, but I don't know what you're talking about. You definitely don't need to lose weight.
茜:当然了 。会的,不过其实我不太清楚你在说什么 。你完全不用减肥啊 。
Ruth: Well, that's kind of you Akane. OK, thanks.
鲁斯:茜,你真是太好了 。谢谢 。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. lose weight
体重减轻;变瘦;
eg. She has been taking exercises to lose weight from day to day.
她每天锻炼来减肥 。
eg. Several ladies who were trying to lose weight had already fallen by the wayside by eating cream cakes.
几位女士试图减肥,但同时又吃奶油蛋糕,结果是半途而废 。
2. work out
锻炼;健身;
eg. I work out regularly to keep fit.
我经常做运动以保持健康 。
eg. The basketball players are working out at the gym.
篮球运动员们正在体育馆进行训练 。
3. common sense
常识;直觉判断力;
eg. He behaves as if he had no common sense.
他的言行就好像没有常识似的 。
eg. Knowledge without common sense count for little.
没有常识的知识没多大用处 。
4. for sure
无疑;肯定;
eg. I know for sure that the chances are in favor of those who are always ready.
我确实相信,机会属于时刻准备着的人 。
eg. I think he'll be back on Monday, but I can't say for sure.
我想他星期一会回来,不过我不敢肯定 。