(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Todd: OK, Keith, we're back here in the city. I'm going to ask you some questions about where you live. First, is there a libray by your house?
托德:凯斯,现在我们回到城市了 。我要问你一些有关你的居住地的问题 。第一个问题,你家附近有图书馆吗?
Keith: No, no libraries near me.
凯斯:没有,我家附近没有图书馆 。
Todd: No, that's too bad. Do you like to read?
托德:哦,那太糟了 。你喜欢阅读吗?
Keith: Sure, I love to read.
凯斯:当然,我喜欢阅读 。
Todd: OK. Where do you get you books?
托德:好 。你都从哪儿买书呢?
Keith: Well, I usually buy them at Tower Records or I order them through Amazon.com
凯斯:通常我从淘儿唱片店买书,还有亚马逊网站 。
Todd: OK. Note: this is not an advertisement. OK. Next one, is there a park by your house.
托德:好 。注意:这不是打广告 。好,下一个问题,你家附近有公园吗?
Keith: Park, yeah, there's actually two small ones.
凯斯:公园,有,有两个小公园 。
Todd: Do you go there very often?
托德:你经常去公园吗?
Keith: No, not too often, because usually I don't get home from work until pretty late. Not a lot of part-time in my schedule.
凯斯:不,不是经常去,因为一般我下班回家非常晚 。我的时间安排中没有很多业余时间 。
Todd: OK. So hang on. We've got to let the car go by here. Actually, lots of cars here. Lots of traffic. Is there lot of traffic where you live?
托德:好 。等等 。我们要让车从这边过去 。实际上,这里有太多车了 。交通流量太大 。你家附近交流流量大吗?
Keith: Oh, yeah, in the day time cause there's a lot of shops around my apartment, or near my apartment. But at night time it's pretty quiet.
凯斯:对,白天交通很繁忙,因为我的公寓附近有许多商店 。不过晚上的时候非常安静 。
Todd: OK. Great. Thanks Keith.
托德:那很好 。谢谢你,凯斯 。
Keith: You're welcome.
凯斯:不客气 。
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. like/love to do sth.
喜欢做某事;
eg. When I get home from work I like to relax with the newspaper.
我下班回到家里,喜欢看看报纸,放松一下 。
eg. I love to watch live games.
我喜欢看现场比赛 。
2. part-time
业余时间;
eg. In her part-time, she practises the guitar.
她在业余时间练吉他 。
eg. At the part time, I usually go swimming with my friends.
在业余时间,我通常和我的朋友们去游泳 。
3. hang on
等一会儿;稍等;
eg. Hang on, I have just get to think about this.
等一等,这事我得考虑一下 。
eg. Hang on a minute while I look it up.
你稍等一下,等我查查看 。