(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Todd: OK, Sophie, we're going to talk about high school. What was high school like?
托德:好的,苏菲,我们要谈高中生活 。你的高中生活是什么样的?
Sophie: It was great. Lots of fun. Lots of friends. Learned quite a bit at school.
苏菲:非常棒 。有许多乐趣 。我也交了许多朋友 。在学校学到了很多东西 。
Todd: So, what did you study in high school?
托德:那你在高中时学了什么?
Sophie: I studied mainly sciences actually.
苏菲:实际上我主要学习了科学知识 。
Todd: Oh, really!
托德:哦,真的吗!
Sophie: Biology.
苏菲:生物 。
Todd: Did you study science in college?
托德:你在大学学科学了吗?
Sophie: Yes! Oh, No! I didn't. I went on to do a bachelor of technology.
苏菲:当然!哦,不,我没学 。我之后学的是技术学士的学位 。
Todd: Oh, really. Well, that's kind of similar.
托德:哦,这样啊 。嗯,那有点相似 。
Sophie: Kind of similar. Related.
苏菲:有点相似 。有点相关 。
Todd: OK, what did you do in high school? Any clubs or anything?
托德:好,你在高中都做了什么?参加社团了吗或其他的什么活动了吗?
Sophie: Yeah, I did rowing for the school. I played basketball, played tennis, was on the swimming team.
苏菲:参加了,我参加了学校的赛艇俱乐部 。我打篮球、打网球、还参加了游泳队 。
Todd: Wow, you're quite athletic. What sport did you like the most?
托德:哇哦,你真是个运动健将 。你最喜欢哪种运动?
Sophie: Rowing.
苏菲:赛艇 。
Todd: Rowing. Do you still row?
托德:赛艇 。你现在还有进行赛艇运动吗?
Sophie: No, unfortunately not.
苏菲:没有了,很可惜 。
Todd: Really!
托德:是吗!
Sophie: Would like to.
苏菲:我很想坚持的 。
Todd: Do you think you'll pick it up some time in the future?
托德:你认为未来某个时候你会重新开始赛艇运动吗?
Sophie: Yeah, maybe, if I'm around a lake or a river.
苏菲:是的,可能会,如果附近有湖或是河的话 。
Todd: Yeah! Not too many lakes in Tokyo. Um, anything esle? Any other memories about high school?
托德:哦!不过东京的湖可不多啊 。嗯,还有别的吗?你对高中还有什么记忆吗?
Sophie: Yeah, lots of parties. It was good.
苏菲:有,高中时有很多派对 。非常好 。
Todd: Sounds like a good time.
托德:听起来你高中过得很愉快 。
Sophie: Yeah!
苏菲:对啊!
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. go on to do sth.
(做完某事后)进而,接着(做另一件事);
eg. Alliss retired from golf in 1969 and went on to become a successful broadcaster...
阿利斯于1969年从高尔夫球界退役,继而成为一名成功的节目主持人 。
eg. She went on to say that she had discussed it with the Canadian foreign minister.
她接着又说她已同加拿大外长就此进行了磋商 。
2. pick up
拾起;继续;重新开始;
eg. But we have to survive, so I have to pick myself up, and then continue my work.
但我们必须活下去,所以我必须鞭策自己继续做下去 。
eg. I want to pick up the confidence and vitality, but they seem to have gone with the wind.
很想奋力的拾起那些自信和活力,可是他们好像已随风飘逝 。
3. anything else
else(用在everyone,everything,everywhere等词之后)其他的,别的;
eg. As I try to be truthful, I expect everyone else to be truthful.
既然我努力做到诚实,我希望其他所有人也能诚实 。
Cigarettes are in short supply, like everything else here.
和其他所有东西一样,这里的香烟也供应不足 。
eg. We pay less attention to time than to anything else.
我们对时间的不重视超过其他任何事物 。