(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Todd: OK. Richard, do you like art?
托德:好,理查德,你喜欢艺术吗?
Richard: I do. Very much. Yes.
理查德:我喜欢 。非常喜欢 。
Todd: OK. Um, what kind of art do you like?
托德:好 。嗯,你喜欢哪种艺术?
Richard: OK. Well, I like all kinds of art.
理查德:我喜欢各种类型的艺术 。
Todd: OK.
托德:好 。
Richard: When I was young I used to enjoy painting.
理查德:我年轻的时候非常喜欢画画 。
Todd: OK. What did you paint?
托德:那你都画了些什么?
Richard: OK. When I was a kid, I was in art class, so it was all fairly sort of basic standard stuff like country scenes.
理查德:我还是个孩子的时候,我上过艺术课,那个课程教授各种基础标准的事情,比如乡村风景画 。
Todd: Country scenes! So in a country scene, what can you see?
托德:乡村风景画!那乡村风景画中都有什么?
Richard: OK, I can see a red house, with a chimney, billowing smoke..um..green fields , luscious green grass in England.
理查德:我可以看到一间有烟囱的红色房子,烟囱冒出滚滚浓烟,还有绿色的田野,还有英国柔软的青草 。
Todd: Wow, so is your..is your home like that in England?
托德:哇,那你在英国的家就是那个样子的吗?
Richard: Actually, no! No, It's not in the....we're in the suburbs of London, we're not really in the country.
理查德:实际上不是!它不是在……我们住在伦敦郊区,实际上我们并不住在乡村 。
Todd: Oh!
托德:哦!
Richard: And I used to paint sort of idyllic countryside scenes.
理查德:我以前会画田园般的乡村风景 。
Todd: OK. Which do you prefer, the country of the city?
托德:好 。那乡村和城市你更喜欢哪个?
Richard: To paint or to live in?
理查德:是指绘画还是生活?
Todd: Uh..to paint.
托德:嗯,绘画 。
Richard: To paint! To paint I prefer the country.
理查德:绘画!绘画来说,我更喜欢乡村 。
Todd: OK. Great.
托德:好 。很好 。
Richard: To live in, I think it is more convenient being, being near a big city.
理查德:要是生活的话,我认为住在大城市附近更方便 。
Todd: OK. Great. Thanks.
托德:好 。很好 。谢谢 。
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. all kinds of
各种类型的;五花八门的;
eg. onations came from all kinds of people.
捐赠来自于各界人士 。
eg. All kinds of remarkable things began to happen.
开始发生各种不寻常的事 。
2. used to do sth.
过去常常;过去曾做某事;
eg. Things ain't what they used to be.
现在情况不比从前了 。
eg. I used to live in London.
我曾经在伦敦居住过 。
3. enjoy doing sth.
享受;喜爱做某事;
eg. I enjoyed playing cricket.
我喜欢打板球 。
eg. Children enjoy playing on the sands.
孩子们喜欢在沙滩上玩耍 。