(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Brett: Hey, Shawn, how are classes going?
布莱特:嗨,肖恩,课上的怎么样?
Shawn: Well, it's exam time right now, and you know what, I really think I'm going to fail this one class.
肖恩:现在是考试季,我想我这门课可能会不及格 。
Brett: Why is that?
布莱特:为什么?
Shawn: Well, it's not any of my fault. It's actually, I think that the teacher doesn't like me.
肖恩:并不是我的错 。实际上,我认为老师不喜欢我 。
Brett: He doesn't like you. What do you mean?
布莱特:他不喜欢你 。你这么说什么意思?
Shawn: It's kind of strange, I mean, I go up and I ask him and he disagrees with me and but he actually takes personal offense to what I say.
肖恩:我觉得有点奇怪,我去问他问题,他不同意我的观点,而且认为我说的话冒犯了他 。
Brett: Personal offense.
布莱特:受到冒犯 。
Shawn: Which is funny, right.
肖恩:这很好笑 。
Brett: What do you mean?
布莱特:什么意思:
Shawn: Like, I'll give you an example. I went up because I didn't get a question on my homework right, and I asked him why I didn't get any marks for it, and the question in the book, asked you for your own opinion, so I did write my own opinion, but when I went up to talk to him about the question he said that what I had written wasn't in the book so I got no points for it.
肖恩:我举个例子吧 。我去找他是因为我对我的作业有疑问,我问他为什么没有给我的作业判分,书上的作业是让发表个人观点,我就写下了我的个人观点,可是我和他谈论这个问题的时候,他说我写的内容课本上没有,所以我就没有分数 。
Brett: So what's the point of asking for your own opinion?
布莱特:那为什么还让你们谈个人观点?
Shawn: See, that's the funny part. I don't know. What about you? How are your classes going?
肖恩:这就是好笑的地方 。我也不知道 。你呢?你的课怎么样了?
Brett: My classes are going OK. Right now I'm really just working on my thesis, and it's taking me a long time to gather all the materials, resources, and go through all the readings, but it's going OK, I think.
布莱特:我的课很顺利 。现在我正在写论文,把所有材料和素材整合在一起、浏览所有材料花了我很长时间,不过我想现在一切顺利 。
Shawn: How many pages do you have to write for your thesis?
肖恩:你们要求论文写多少页?
Brett: I probably have to write about twenty pages, or so, and I have to survey, about a thousand people and it's taking me a lot of time to analyze all that data.
布莱特:我可能要写20页吧,大概是这样,我要对1000个人进行调查,所以我花了大量时间进行数据分析 。
Shawn: Twenty pages, that's not, is that double space or single space?
肖恩:20页,你是用两倍行距还是单倍行距?
Brett: That's double space.
布莱特:两倍行距 。
Shawn: So that's not that much.
肖恩:哦,那就不是太多了 。
Brett: Yeah, it's about 10,000 words, or so.
布莱特:对啊,大概1万字左右吧 。
Shawn: Well, I hope you do well and good luck to your research.
肖恩:嗯,我希望你顺利,祝你研究顺利 。
Brett: Thank you.
布莱特:谢谢你 。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. disagree with
不同意;有分歧;意见不合;
eg. She seemed to disagree with this decision.
她似乎不同意这个决定 。
eg. I disagree with you on all counts.
你的所有那些观点我都不同意 。
2. go through
通读;彻查;
eg. He thought it his duty to go through the papers.
他认为自己有责任检查这些文件 。
eg. You'd better go through your test paper again.
你最好把考卷再看一遍 。
3. or so
…左右;…上下;
eg. There were twenty or so people at the party.
大约有20多人参加了聚会 。
eg. It will be warmer in another month or so.
再过一个月左右,天气会更暖和起来 。