(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Todd: So Shantel, you were saying that you grew up in a small town and had a very rustic life, but then you moved overseas to Italy, correct?
托德:香黛儿,你说过你在一个小城镇长大,过得是田园般的生活,随后你移居海外,去意大利生活了,对吧?
Shantel: Yes. I moved to Bologna. Bologna, Italy.
香黛儿:对 。我搬到了意大利博洛尼亚 。
Todd: Wow that's such a huge transition, what was that like? Why did you move to Italy?
托德:哇哦,那真是巨大的转变,你感觉怎么样?你为什么要搬到意大利生活?
Shantel: Oh wow. So I moved to Italy because I was studying abroad during my junior year at university. And so, I was to do an immersion program at the University of Bologna, which means all of my classes were in Italian. All of my homework, all of my exams, everything was completely in Italian. And I also had to find my own housing, which was also the first time I found housing on my own 'cause I had always lived in the university dorms at my university in the United States. And so, yeah. To navigate one a new city, a city in general and then finding my first apartment, and learning how to survive a new university system. It was exhilarating and very exciting. Yeah, I loved it.
香黛儿:哇哦 。我去意大利生活是因为我大学三年级时去国外学习 。当时,我在博洛尼亚大学参加浸入式学习项目,等于我所有的课程都是意大利语教学 。所有的作业、考试等一切都是意大利语 。我还得自己找住宿,这是我第一次自己找房子,因为我在美国上大学时一直住在学校宿舍 。就是这样 。要去探索一个新城市,还要第一次自己找公寓,要学会适应新大学的体系 。这令人非常激动,也令人兴奋 。我很喜欢 。
Todd: That's so cool. So, what was it like when you first got to Italy? Did you have culture shock? You came from a small town environment and now you're living in a big city in Europe.
托德:这太酷了 。你一开始到意大利的时候是什么情况?你有体验到文化冲击吗?你来自一个小城镇,现在在欧洲大城市生活 。
Shantel: I think my friends would probably say that I was very quick to trust everyone. As I mentioned before growing up in a small town, I knew all my neighbors and I was very trusting of strangers and very welcoming, and I still am. But in hindsight, when I moved to Italy I think I was maybe a little too naive sometimes and especially not knowing the language, it was easy to sort of put my trust or my faith in someone when I needed help because I needed help often, whether for translating or even just grocery shopping. And so, sometimes I think I look back I'm like, "Oh, maybe I should have walked away a little bit sooner," or something like that.
香黛儿:我想我的朋友们可能会说,我太容易相信别人 。我刚才提到过,我在一个小城镇长大,我认识所有的邻居,我相信陌生人,也很欢迎他们,我现在依然如此 。但是现在想想,我刚到意大利时可能有些过于天真了,尤其是我不会意大利语,我在需要帮助时很容易相信别人,因为我有时会需要帮助,无论是需要翻译还是在买东西时需要帮助 。现在回想起来的话,我会想“哦,也许我应该早一点走”或之类的 。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. grow up 长大成人;成熟;
As children grow up, they drift away from their parents'views.
孩子们长大以后就不再按父母的观点考虑问题了 。
2. on one's own 独立地;依靠自己地;
He studied these subjects on his own.
这些课程他是自学的 。
3. be quick to do sth. 立刻的;马上的;
I'm normally quick to complain about shoddy service.
对劣质服务我通常会立刻投诉 。
4. look back 追忆;回顾;
As I look back, scenes of the past leap before my eyes.
追忆往事,历历在目 。