(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Nitiya: OK, so something about fun, actually what kind of movies do you like?
妮提亚:好,我们来聊聊兴趣,你喜欢哪种类型的电影?
Todd: Um, well, let's see, I like. I love comedy movies, and for me the most important thing about a movie is, does it have good dialog, does it have good writing, so I don't care about special effects, and stuff like that. It just doesn't interest me, and actually I don't like big Hollywood movies (OK) I think they're terrible.
托德:嗯,我想想 。我喜欢喜剧电影,对我来说最重要的是一部电影是否有精彩的对白,是否有优秀的剧本,我不太关注特效之类的事情 。我对特效不感兴趣,我不喜欢好莱坞大片,我觉得那些大片很糟糕 。
Nitiya: Terrible!
妮提亚:糟糕!
Todd: Yeah. (OK) What kind of movies do you like?
托德:对 。(好)你喜欢哪种类型的电影?
Nitiya: I guess a lot of adventure, like the movie like "Star Gate" and The beach" and, and "The Beach" was not good but, I like something which is so different, something which is about the universe, or something which is about rockets and stuff like that.
妮提亚:我喜欢冒险题材的电影,我喜欢《星际之门》和《海滩》这样的电影,不过《海滩》这部电影不是太好,我喜欢与众不同的电影,题材涉及宇宙或是火箭之类的电影 。
Todd: So you like movies that re quire... (detective movies also)... and what?
托德:所以你喜欢需要……你还喜欢哪类电影?
Nitiya: Detective.
妮提亚:侦探类 。
Todd: Oh, detective movies. (Yeah) So you like movies that require imagination?
托德:哦,侦探电影 。(对)所以你喜欢需要想象的电影?
Nitiya: Exactly.
妮提亚:没错 。
Todd: Now, since we're talking about movies, India has a very big movie industry, Bollywood, (Yeah) do you like the Bollywood movies?
托德:既然我们在讨论电影,印度有一个非常大的电影生产基地——宝莱坞(对),你喜欢宝莱坞制作的电影吗?
Nitiya: It's great. (Yeah) Awesome. Yeah. I guess a lot of people in the whole world like it a lot.
妮提亚:那些电影都很棒 。(对)棒极了 。我想世界上有许多人非常喜欢宝莱坞的电影 。
Todd: Bollywood, they always have so many people, like the thing is, where do they get all those actors?
托德:宝莱坞的电影通常都有很多演员,他们去哪找这么多演员呢?
Nitiya: Lots of actors, so much drama, and I guess a lot of music and dancing and it's just so different from Hollywood movies, so I guess for the reality, I prefer the Hollywood movie and if you just want to have some fun, it would be Bollywood movies.
妮提亚:许多演员,非常戏剧化,还有许多歌舞场景,所以宝莱坞电影与好莱坞电影有很大的不同,就实际效果来说,我想我更喜欢好莱坞的电影,不过如果你只是想找些乐趣,那宝莱坞的电影很合适 。
Todd: So, how often would you watch Bollywood and how often do you watch English?
托德:你多长时间看一次宝莱坞电影,多长时间看一次英语电影?
Nitiya: Whatever I get.
妮提亚:只要我有时间 。
Todd: whatever you get.
托德:只要你有时间 。
Nitiya: I just love movies. I'm crazy behind movies.
妮提亚:我非常喜欢看电影 。我热衷于电影 。
Todd: You're addicted to movies?
托德:你痴迷于电影?
Nitiya: Very much.
妮提亚:非常痴迷 。
Todd: OK, you know in the states when you go to the movies, it's always coke, popcorn, hot dog. When you go to movies in India, what's the food that you eat?
托德:好,在美国要是去电影院看电影,一般都会买可乐、爆米花和热狗 。你在印度去电影院时一般吃什么?
Nitiya: Ok, coke is always there.
妮提亚:哦,基本上是可乐 。
Todd: Right.
托德:好 。
Nitiya: And yeah, something like chips or potato chips or anything you get in your hands. Basically I don't like getting disturbed when I'm watching a movie. I'm a person who likes watching a movie very quietly. I don't like watching with friends. I mean, I prefer going who also like watching movies quietly. I mean there are some people in the world, they sit for the movie and they go, oh, this is going to happen next and things like that. I get so irritated. Let me watch it, concentrately.
妮提亚:或者像薯条这种可以拿在手里的食物 。一般来说,我在看电影时不喜欢被打扰 。我是那种喜欢安静地看电影的人 。我不喜欢和朋友们一起看电影 。我的意思是,我更喜欢和也喜欢安静地看电影的人一起看电影 。世界上总是有些人在看电影时会说类似“接下来该演……”的这种话 。这让我非常生气 。请让我集中地看电影 。
Todd: Right, I hate that.
托德:没错,我也讨厌那种人 。
Nitiya: I really want to do it quietly, peacefully. I just want to watch the movie. Not talk to the person sitting behind me.
妮提亚:我就只想安静地看电影 。我只想看电影 。不想和坐在我后面的人聊天 。
Todd: Ah, I totally agree. And I want to see the beginning, and I want to see the end.
托德:我完全同意 。我想从头看到尾 。
Nitiya: Exactly.
妮提亚:没错 。
Todd: And no interruptions.
托德:没有打扰 。
Nitiya: Once I begin I really want to go till the end. (Right) I can't stop it in the middle and say, "Oh, oh."
妮提亚:一旦我开始看一部电影,我就想一直看完结尾 。(没错)我不能在中间的时候停止 。
Todd: Yeah, which do you prefer, watching it at the cinema, or on DVD at home?
托德:对,你更喜欢在电影院看电影还是在家看光盘?
Nitiya: At home.
妮提亚:在家 。
Todd: At home. So nobody bothers you?
托德:在家 。因为没有人打扰你吗?
Nitiya: Yep.
妮提亚:对 。
Todd: Right. Yeah, same thing. OK, thanks, Natiya.
托德:好 。我也是 。好,谢谢你,妮提亚 。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. care about
关心;在乎;在意;
eg. Joe Sixpack doesn't care about that.
普通工人不在意那事 。
eg. He is extremely careful about his appearance.
他十分讲究外表 。
2. be different from
和……不同;
eg. Presidents are not any different from anybody else; they're human beings.
总统跟一般人没有什么不同;他们也是人 。
eg. The Neanderthals were very robust and quite different from us.
尼安德特时期的人非常强壮,和我们迥然不同 。
3. be addicted to
入迷的;着迷的;
eg. He was passionately addicted to pop music.
他酷爱流行音乐 。
eg. The man was addicted to booze and gambling.
那人沈迷于酗酒和赌博 。