(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Todd: OK, hello!
托德:你好!
Sarah: Hello!
萨拉:你好!
Todd: Hi, what's your name?
托德:嗨,你叫什么名字?
Sarah: My name is Sarah.
萨拉:我的名字是萨拉 。
Todd: OK, and Sarah where are you from?
托德:好的,萨拉,你来自哪里?
Sarah: I'm from the north of England, Newcastle.
萨拉:我来自英格兰北部的纽卡斯尔 。
Todd: OK, so Newcastle, how far is that from London?
托德:好,那纽卡斯尔离伦敦有多远?
Sarah: Um, it's about 300 miles.
萨拉:嗯,大约300英里 。
Todd: Uh-huh, do you go to London a lot or have you been to London before?
托德:啊,你经常去伦敦吗,或者说你以前去过伦敦吗?
Sarah: I live in London. I've lived in London for the past seven years.
萨拉:我住在伦敦 。我过去七年一直住在伦敦 。
Todd: Oh, really?
托德:哦,这样啊?
Sarah: Almost seven years, yeah.
萨拉:差不多七年的时间了,对 。
Todd: OK. Which do you prefer, London or Newcastle?
托德:好的 。那你更喜欢哪里,伦敦还是纽卡斯尔?
Sarah: Um, like them both. I prefer Newcastle because it's smaller, so it's easier to get around and it's also cheaper. London is very expensive.
萨拉:嗯,两个地方我都喜欢 。我喜欢纽卡斯尔是因为那里很小,所以很容易四处游玩,而且物价也相对便宜 。伦敦物价非常贵 。
Todd: So all your family is in Newcastle?
托德:那你家人还在纽卡斯尔吗?
Sarah: Um, pretty much yeah.
萨拉:嗯,差不多是这样 。
Todd: So are they always trying to get you to go back and move back to Newcastle?
托德:那他们会劝你搬回纽卡斯尔住吗?
Sarah: Ah, no, no, because most of the jobs are in the south, anyway for younger people so it's quite difficult to get a job in the north in teaching.
萨拉:嗯,不会,不会,因为大部分适合年轻人的工作机会都在南方,在北方找到一份与教育相关的工作非常难 。
Todd: OK. Um, what do you like about London?
托德:好的 。嗯,你喜欢伦敦的什么地方?
Sarah: Ah, it's a very busy place, there's lots of things going on all the time. There's also lots of things I don't like about London, but all my friends live there lots of job opportunities.
萨拉:嗯,伦敦是一个非常忙碌的城市,有许多事情同时在进行 。当然伦敦也有许多我不喜欢的地方,但是我所有的朋友都在那边,而且那里工作机会也多 。
Todd: OK, what were you doing before you came to Japan in London?
托德:好,你来日本之前,在伦敦是做什么工作的?
Sarah: Ah, I was in Austria for a year. I was teaching in Austria, and then I was in London teaching, in London for a few years.
萨拉:哦,我在奥地利待了一年 。我在奥地利教课,之后我回伦敦继续教课,在伦敦工作了几年的时间 。
Todd: What were you teaching in London?
托德:你在伦敦教什么?
Sarah: I was teaching primary school. I was a primary school teacher.
萨拉:我在小学教课 。我是一名小学老师 。
Todd: Kids!
托德:孩子!
Sarah: Yeah.
萨拉:对 。
Todd: So what's it like teaching kids?
托德:教孩子的感觉怎么样?
Sarah: Um, tiring. Very tiring. I prefer teaching adults. That's my preference. I've mainly taught adults in TEFL, but in the state system in England it's only been children. It's fun. It's just very tiring.
萨拉:嗯,累,非常累 。我喜欢教成年人 。我更偏好教成年人 。我主要是用英语教授成年人,不过在英格兰的体系中,那只适用于儿童 。不过这很有意思 。只是会很累 。
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. get around
到处旅行;游历;
eg. He claimed to be a journalist, and he got around.
他自称是一名记者,经常四处游历 。
eg. " It is rather large to get around in a week, " answered Ames, pleasantly.
“这么大个城市,一星期恐怕逛不完吧,"艾姆斯愉快地答道 。
2. pretty much
几乎;近乎;差不多;
eg. His new government looks pretty much like the old one.
他的新政府看起来和旧政府没什么两样 。
eg. The result of the ballot is pretty much what we expected.
投票的结果和我们预料的差不多 。
3. prefer doing sth.
喜欢做某事;乐意做某事;
eg. I prefer reading non-fiction.
我喜欢看纪实作品 。
eg. I prefer doing some writing in my spare time.
我更喜欢业余时间写点什么 。