(单词翻译:单击)
Ana: Hey, Michael. I heard your mom is a zoologist. What is it exactly?
安娜:嗨,迈克尔 。我听说你妈妈是动物学家 。那是什么工作?
Mike: A zoologist. Well, that's true. She is a zoologist. So a zoologist is someone who studies animals.
迈克尔:动物学家,没错,她是动物学家 。动物学家就是研究动物的人 。
Ana: Oh, interesting. So does she study all animals or does she focus on a specific animal?
安娜:哦,有意思 。那她是研究所有的动物,还是说她只研究一种动物?
Mike: Well, she's worked at universities studying animals for a long time. So she's worked on many different kinds of animals. But at the moment, she is studying South African tortoises.
迈克尔:她所在的大学从很长时间以前就开始研究动物了 。她对各种各样的动物进行研究 。目前她正在研究南非乌龟 。
Ana: Oh, interesting. Do you have any tortoises in your house?
安娜:哦,这真有意思 。你家里有养乌龟吗?
Mike: Yeah. Actually, we have more than 40 tortoises in our garden.
迈克尔:有 。我们的花园里养了40多只乌龟 。
Ana: More than 40. Wow.
安娜:超过40只 。哇哦 。
Mike: Yes. People are always very surprised when they visit and they see all our tortoises.
迈克尔:对 。来我们家的人看到这么多乌龟都会感到非常震惊 。
Ana: So, do you know a lot about tortoises as well?
安娜:那你也很了解乌龟吗?
Mike: I don't know very much about them but I mean, my mom has always got them around at the house or she's often busy with some sort of tortoise's related activity. And so sometimes, as a high school kid, I got home and she would have a tortoise that — a pregnant tortoise, a female tortoise with eggs inside. And in order to monitor these eggs, she would have it in a bath of water with an ultrasound scanner and a screen up on the dining room table.
迈克尔:我不太了解乌龟,我妈妈经常让它们在屋子里走动,或者她经常忙于研究与乌龟有关的行为 。我高中的时候,有时回家会看到她在研究怀孕的母龟,那只母龟肚子里有蛋 。为了监测那些蛋,她会把母龟放在温水中,用超声扫描仪对它进行扫描,观察放在餐桌上的屏幕 。
Ana: Wow. That is really interesting.
安娜:哇哦 。这太有趣了 。
Mike: I had a very interesting childhood with all of these animals and things around the house.
迈克尔:因为家里养了这些动物,我度过了非常有趣的童年 。
Ana: Oh, that's great. Did you have any other pets?
安娜:哦,这真好 。你还有别的宠物吗?
Mike: Yes. We've always had a couple of dogs and I like cats. So I've got my pet cat at home.
迈克尔:有 。我们养了两条狗,我还喜欢猫 。所以我在家养了猫 。
Ana: Wow. That's really interesting.
安娜:哇哦 。这真有趣 。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载