(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Todd: OK. Cat, we're back. We're gonna talk about things you can do.
托德:好 。凯特,我们回来了 。我们要谈谈你可以做到的事情 。
Cat: OK.
凯特:好的 。
Todd: Can you cook?
托德:你会做饭吗?
Cat: Not really!
凯特:不会!
Todd: No!
托德:不是吧!
Cat: Well, I can, but not very well.
凯特:其实我会做饭,不过做得不太好 。
Todd: OK. What do you do for dinner?
托德:好 。那一般你晚饭都吃什么?
Cat: Buy take-away food.
凯特:买一些外卖食品 。
Todd: OK. When you buy take-away food what do you buy?
托德:好 。那你一般买什么外卖食品?
Cat: Normally, normally stuff from the supermarket you can just throw in the microwave, ready meals, not from take-away from a pizza place or a restaurant but just stuff that I can cook at home.
凯特:通常来说,我会从超市买那种可以直接扔进微波炉的食物,那种即食食品,不是从速食店或批萨店或餐厅买的食物,就是那种我可以在家烹饪的食物 。
Todd: OK. And can you sing?
托德:好 。那你会唱歌吗?
Cat: Not at all.
凯特:完全不会 。
Todd: No.
托德:不会吗 。
Cat: No.
凯特:不会 。
Todd: OK! Now, we're in Japan, have you ever been to Karaoke here in Japan?
托德:好!现在我们在日本生活,你去过日本的卡拉OK吗?
Cat: No.
凯特:没有 。
Todd: No.
托德:没有啊 。
Cat: And I really don't want to go either.
凯特:而且其实我也不想去 。
Todd: OK. Um, can you play any musical instruments?
托德:好吧 。嗯,你会演奏乐器吗?
Cat: I used to be able to play the piano and the guitar. But I haven't played them for a long time. I can remember a bit but...not much.
凯特:我以前可以弹钢琴和吉他 。但是我已经很长时间没有练习过了 。我还能记得一点,不过,记得的不太多 。
Todd: Which one did you prefer the most?
托德:那你最喜欢哪个乐器?
Cat: Guitar. The piano was too difficult.
凯特:吉他 。钢琴太难了 。
Todd: Oh, really! Did you take lessons?
托德:哦,真的吗!你有去上课吗?
Cat: Yes, And I had to play scales all the time and it was really boring. I hardly ever got to play any tunes.
凯特:有 。我要一直练习演奏音阶,那真的特别枯燥 。我几乎没有演奏过曲子 。
Todd: OK. Alright. Thanks a lot Cat.
托德:哦,好的 。非常谢谢你,凯特 。
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. take-away
<主英>(饭食)外带的,(餐厅)供应外带食物的;
eg. Take-away food is extremely cheap.
外卖食品十分便宜 。
eg. More than half of the japanese people surveyed, whose small flats make it difficult to cook, are buying fewer take-away meals.
超过一半的日本受访者减少了外卖的购买,尽管日本公寓狭小,不适合烹饪 。
2. ready meals
现成食品;方便食品;
eg. Families graze on cholesterol-sodden take-aways and microwaved ready-meals.
家家户户都在吃富含胆固醇的外卖和微波热化的现成食品 。
eg. Binge drinking, ready meals and a lack of exercise all take their toll.
酗酒、吃方便食品、缺乏锻炼均对年轻人的健康造成了不良影响 。
3. hardly ever
几乎不;几乎没有;
eg. I had hardly ever spoken to him.
我很少和他讲话 。
eg. He hardly ever to class or to group activities.
他几乎从不去上课,也不参加集体活动 。