(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Akane: Hey, Ruth.
茜:嗨,鲁斯 。
Ruth: Hey, Akane.
鲁斯:嗨,茜 。
Akane: I just came to pick up my plastic container that I lent you the other day.
茜:我来拿那天我借给你的塑料容器 。
Ruth: Oh, right. Well, I've just washed it actually, so here you go.
鲁斯:哦,好的 。我刚洗完,给你 。
Akane: Thanks. So did you like that potato salad I made you?
茜:谢谢 。你喜欢我给你做的土豆沙拉吗?
Ruth: It was really nice. Yeah, it was really nice. I'm not sure how you made it, but I enjoyed it.
鲁斯:非常美味 。真的很美味 。不知道你是怎么做的,我非常喜欢 。
Akane: Yeah, I gave some to Todd as well and he really liked it too.
茜:我也给托德拿了一些,他也很喜欢 。
Ruth: Oh, good, I'm glad he liked it. That's good.
鲁斯:哦,很好 。我很高兴他喜欢 。太好了 。
Akane: Yeah. I made some stuffed peppers too, but unfortunately there's meat in it, so..
茜:是啊 。我还做了些青椒焖肉饭,不过很可惜里面放了肉,所以……
Ruth: Oh, no. That's a shame. I would have really liked some of those, too.
鲁斯:哦,不 。太可惜了 。不然我可以吃到的 。
Akane: Yeah. I gave it to Todd and he really liked it.
茜:是啊 。我给托德拿了一些,他很喜欢 。
Ruth: Really.
鲁斯:真的吗?
Akane: Yeah.
茜:是啊 。
Ruth: You're such a good cook. I wish I could cook like you can.
鲁斯:你做菜的手艺太棒了 。我希望我也能像你一样做出美味的食物 。
Akane: Oh, I'm sure there's a few tricks up your sleeve as well.
茜:哦,我确定你也有拿手的事情 。
Ruth: Oh, I don't think so. I've yet to discover them.
鲁斯:哦,我不这么认为 。我现在还没发现呢 。
Akane: So do you want to go out for dinner again this Saturday?
茜:这周六还出去吃饭怎么样?
Ruth: Oh, that sounds like a really good idea.
鲁斯:哦,听起来是个很棒的主意 。
Akane: Um, last time, last week I think we went to "Joyful", right?
茜:嗯,上次,上周我们去了Joyful餐厅,对吧?
Ruth: Yeah, that's right. We had rice and things like that. Is that right?
鲁斯:对,没错 。我们吃了米饭之类的食物 。对吧?
Akane: Mm-hm, and I think I might of had a hamburger, or something like that.
茜:嗯,我记得我吃的是汉堡或是类似的食物 。
Ruth: Oh, yes, you did.
鲁斯:哦,对,是这样的 。
Akane: Yeah.
茜:是啊 。
Ruth: So, where do you think we should go this time?
鲁斯:那这次我们去哪吃饭呢?
Akane: Uh, I don't know. Do you want to go for sushi again?
茜:嗯,我也不知道 。你想不想再去吃一次寿司?
Ruth: Oh, I really like sushi. Yeah.
鲁斯:哦,我非常喜欢寿司 。好啊 。
Akane: Yeah, there's that, that other store, the sushi shop that we haven't gone to yet.
茜:好的,那就去我们没吃过的那家寿司店 。
Ruth: Ok, well, we could go there because that would be a nice walk as well. We could walk there and walk back and we could get some exercise at the same time.
鲁斯:好,正好我们去那里也可以散散步 。我们可以走着去走着回来,这样还能做些运动 。
Akane: Oh, that's a great idea.
茜:哦,这主意太棒了 。
Ruth: Yeah, and then we wouldn't feel so bad when we're greedy.
鲁斯:好,这样我们贪吃的时候就不会有罪恶感了 。
Akane: Hm, for sure.
茜:嗯,没错 。
Ruth: Why don't you go and ask Todd, and find out if he wants to go.
鲁斯:为什么不去问问托德呢,看看他是不是也想去 。
Akane: OK.
茜:好的 。
Ruth: And then we'll organize it for tomorrow night.
鲁斯:那我们明天晚上再商量 。
Akane: Great idea.
茜:好主意 。
Ruth: Oh, excellent. Oh, and Akane?
鲁斯:哦,太好了 。对了,茜 。
Akane: Yeah!
茜:什么事?
Ruth: You know, if you're making anymore potato salad,..
鲁斯:如果你再做土豆沙拉的话……
Akane: Mm-hm?
茜:怎么了?
Ruth: Feel free to bring some around.
鲁斯:一定要拿过来一些 。
Akane: Sure. No problem.
茜:当然,没问题 。
Ruth: Alright. Bye-bye.
鲁斯:太好了 。再见 。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. up one's sleeve
藏有…想法;留有锦囊妙计;心中另有…高招;
eg. He wondered what Shearson had up his sleeve.
他暗自猜度希尔森究竟有什么高招 。
eg. I'd been doing some quiet investigating in the meantime and had an ace up my sleeve.
与此同时,我不动声色地展开了调查,掌握了一张王牌 。
2. for sure
无疑;肯定;
eg. You'll have it for sure by the end of the week.
这个周末你一定能收到它的 。
eg. For sure today was a not great day for us.
当然今天对我们来说不是非常好的一天 。
3. feel free
请随意;不必拘谨;
eg. Go right ahead. Feel free.
开始吧 。请便 。
eg. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask me.
如果有任何问题,请随意提问 。