(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Todd: So, Kate, are you into movies?
托德:凯特,你喜欢看电影吗?
Kate: Yeah, I watch them from time to time.
凯特:喜欢,我经常看电影 。
Todd: What actors or actresses do you like?
托德:你喜欢的演员是谁?
Kate: My favorite actor would be Brad Pitt.
凯特:我最喜欢的演员是布拉德·皮特 。
Todd: Really, Brad Pitt? Now is that because he's handsome or because he's a good actor?
托德:布拉德·皮特吗?是因为他长得帅还是因为他演技好?
Kate: He's handsome but he's actually a very good actor. I like him because he is very well respected in Hollywood. You look at the other actors and they've all had these scandals: drinking scandals, drug scandals but I haven't heard of anything about Brad Pitt.
凯特:他很帅,不过他也是位非常棒的演员 。我喜欢他是因为他在好莱坞非常受人尊敬 。其他演员都会有酗酒或吸毒之类的丑闻,可是我从来没听过布拉德·皮特的任何丑闻 。
Todd: That's true actually. Come to think of it, I never have. What's a movie that he was in that you really liked?
托德:这倒是事实 。这样一想,我也没听到过 。你喜欢他演的哪部电影?
Kate: Ocean's Eleven. That was a very, very good movie.
凯特:《十一罗汉》 。那是一部非常非常棒的电影 。
Todd: Yeah, any other movies that you really liked?
托德:还有其他影片吗?
Kate: I can't think of the names right now, but he has a recent movie out called 'Mr and Mrs Smith' I think, and it's with Angelina Jolie. And that's ... did you hear about that?
凯特:我一时想不起来电影的名字,他最近有部电影叫《史密斯夫妇》,是和安吉丽娜·朱莉一起演的 。你知道这部电影吗?
Todd: No, I haven't actually.
托德:实际上我不知道 。
Kate: They heard…. Angelina Jolie is said to have been with Brad Pitt while they were making the movie, although Brad Pitt is supposed to be with Jennifer Anniston.
凯特:他们……据说安吉丽娜·朱莉和布拉德·皮特在拍电影期间因戏生情,不过布拉德·皮特有詹妮弗·安妮斯顿啊 。
Todd: Right so they're married, right?
托德:他们两人结婚了,对吧?
Kate: Yes, they were.
凯特:对,他们结过婚 。
Todd: They were married?
托德:结过婚?
Kate: They separated.
凯特:他们分居了 。
Todd: But they're not divorced?
托德:但是他们还没有离婚吗?
Kate: Not divorced, no.
凯特:没有离婚 。
Todd: Oh OK, no I didn't know that. So as a Brad Pitt fan who do you think is more his type? Mrs. Jolie or Mrs. Anniston?
托德:哦,我不知道 。那作为布拉德·皮特的粉丝,你觉得谁和他更配?朱莉女士还是安妮斯顿女士?
Kate: I prefer Jennifer Anniston because she's more calm and more… they seem like they could have a nice little family together, but Angelina Jolie, she's very wild and keeps partying and …
凯特:我更喜欢詹妮弗·安妮斯顿,因为她更平静,更……他们两人可以组建一个温暖的小家庭,可是安吉丽莉·朱莉非常狂野,一直参加各种狂欢活动……
Todd: Yeah, they do seem like they're different, that's true.
托德:嗯,她们看上去的确有些不同 。
Kate: Yeah, very different.
凯特:对,非常不同 。
Todd: What is it about Brad Pitt's features that you think make him attractive?
托德:你认为布拉德·皮特身上有什么特质让他这么迷人?
Kate: I like his smile, his eyes. That's generally what I go for.
凯特:我想是他的笑容,他的眼睛 。那就是我喜欢的 。
Todd: So in a guy you look for a nice smile and nice eyes?
托德:所以你喜欢有美好笑容和美丽眼睛的人?
Kate: Definitely. From first impressions, from the first look, definitely the smile and eyes. If they stand out, I will go for them.
凯特:当然了 。第一印象、第一眼当然要看笑容和眼睛 。如果这两样很突出,那我就会产生好感 。
Todd: Oh, very interesting. OK, thanks.
托德:哦,真有意思 。好,谢谢你 。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. be into sth.
对…很感兴趣;极喜欢;
eg. Esme is into architecture and restoration – she's responsible for the house.
埃斯梅热衷建筑艺术和装修——房子都由她负责 。
eg. I am a sports car enthusiast. I have always been into cars.
我是一辆跑车爱好者 。 我一直一直都很喜欢汽车 。
2. from time to time
不时地;间或;偶尔;
eg. He threw in a word or two from time to time.
他不时地插上一两句话 。
eg. From time to time he fired questions at me.
他不时向我提出许多问题 。
3. come to think of it
(表示突然记起或意识到某事)想起来了,想想看;
eg. He was her distant relative, as was everyone else on the island, come to think of it.
想起来了,他和岛上的其他人一样,都是她的远亲 。
eg. When you think about it, he's probably right.
现在想想看,他很可能是对的 。
4. be supposed to do sth.
应当,应该,须;
eg. "Is she supposed to work today?" — "Nope, tomorrow."
“今天她上班吗?”——“不,明天上 。”
eg. He is supposed to know the law.
他应该懂得法律 。
5. stand out
突出;出色;引人注目;显眼;
eg. I stand out in a group interview.
我在集体面试中脱颖而出 。
eg. Items meant to stand out are best rendered in saturated colors.
需要突出的元素最好用饱和颜色来渲染,次重要的元素用欠饱和颜色渲染 。