位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
美剧《复仇》第二季第4集 第14期:疯狂绑架我的妻子
日期:2015-06-28 10:46

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

You know the original owners
知道吗 这片土地最早的所有者
fought 20 years for the right to develop this land?
奋斗了20年才拿到开发权
Only to see their dreams
但最后却只看到他们
of turning this swamp into a thriving metropolis
要把这不毛之地变为繁华都市的梦想
burst like a proverbial bubble.
化为泡影
They put in all the work.
他们花钱完成了所有建设
You buy on the cheap
你低价购得
and reap all the benefit.
把利润都装进口袋
It's a zero-sum world, Mr. Grayson.
这是个零和博弈的世界 格雷森先生
One man's loss, another man's gain.
你赔了 别人就赚了
We appreciate you coming on short notice.
感谢你这么快赶来
I didn't realize I had a choice.
我怎么觉得我别无选择
You always have a choice.
选择权永远在你手上
It's whether or not you're able to live with your choices
能不能妥善经营你的选择
is the question.
才是问题
So I take it you've been watching the news very closely
听说自从你手下发疯绑架我妻子之后
since your agent went rogue, taking my wife hostage.
你一直在密切关注事态进展
Yes.
没错
Yes, a curious betrayal
他在为公司忠诚地服务几十年后
after decades of loyal service to the organization.
离奇叛变了
He's been making subsequent threats,
他接连不断地制造威胁
and I fear for my family.
我很担心我的家人
I need assurances that you can control him.
我要你保证能管住他
As far as we're able to discern, he's off the grid,
在我们所能查找的范围内还没找到他
but rest assured, we will find him.
但你放心 我们会找到的

重点解释

It's whether or not you're able to live with your choices is the question.能不能妥善经营你的选择才是问题

able to能做 ...

I may be able to help you in some way.

我也许可以从某个方面去帮助你。

He was able to cast off such an uninteresting task.

他终于摆脱了这么一项乏味的工作。

I fear for my family.我很担心我的家人

fear for担心; 为 ... 担忧

I fear for her safety in this weather.

在这种天气里我很担心她的安全。

As far as we're able to discern, he's off the grid,在我们所能查找的范围内还没找到他

as far as就 ... 而言;远到...;到 ... 程度

You'll be accompanied as far as the border, thereafter you must find your own way.

有人送你到边境,然后你必须自己走了。

As far as I know, he is kind.

就我所知,他人不错。

分享到