位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
美剧《复仇》第一季第20集 第18期:胆小怕事
日期:2014-10-31 23:11

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Roger, Roger, Roger.
罗杰 罗杰 罗杰
You were in rare form tonight.
你今晚"表现出色"
I get anxious at social functions.
我在社交场合就会焦虑
Social anxiety...
社交焦虑
Is that why you requested
这就是你要求
a seat away from the Graysons' table?
调换到离格雷森家远点的座位的原因吗
No one should be forced to suffer my company.
没人理应遭罪 忍受我的陪伴
I'm surprised I was even invited.
对于被邀请 我很意外
Must have been an oversight.
我想肯定是疏忽了
Oh, no.

We wanted you here.
我们想要你来
You know, the Graysons received
你知道吗 格雷森家收到个
a disturbing note.
骚扰字条
What'd you hope to gain by sending this?
你寄这个是什么目的呢
Why would I send this?
我为何要寄这个
Because you feel guilty
因为你心存愧疚
and you're too scared to do anything about it,
却又胆小 不敢行事
because the note's a way to project blame,
字条是你表达责任的一种方式
make yourself feel less culpable
让自己对大卫·克拉克的惨剧
for what happened to David Clarke.
少点自责

重点解释

I get anxious at social functions.我在社交场合就会焦虑

anxious at因 ... 而担心

The young are usually very anxious at man's estate.

少年通常都渴望长成大人。

She kept looking anxiously at her watch.

她焦急不安地一个劲看表。

No one should be forced to suffer my company.没人理应遭罪,忍受我的陪伴

forced to不得不

I was forced to sign the agreement against my will.

我被迫违心地在协议上签了字。

The town was forced to yield after a long siege.

该城受长期围困而被迫弃守。

you're too scared to do anything about it,你却又胆小,不敢行事

too...to...太...以至于不能...

My lame excuse is that I have too much to do.

我那站不住脚的借口就是我要干的事太多了。

The road is too narrow to allow the passage of gondola.

这条街太窄,大型货车不能通过。

分享到
重点单词
  • culpableadj. 该责备的,有罪的
  • rareadj. 稀罕的,稀薄的,罕见的,珍贵的 adj. 煎得
  • socialadj. 社会的,社交的 n. 社交聚会
  • estaten. 财产,房地产,状态,遗产
  • yieldn. 生产量,投资收益 v. 生产,屈服,投降,弯下去,
  • anxietyn. 焦虑,担心,渴望
  • disturbingadj. 烦扰的;令人不安的 v. 干扰;打断(dist
  • guiltyadj. 有罪的,内疚的
  • blamen. 过失,责备 vt. 把 ... 归咎于,责备