位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
美剧《复仇》第一季 第149期:大卫克拉克的女儿
日期:2013-07-27 23:56

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Amanda Clarke?
阿曼达·克拉克
As in David Clarke's daughter?
大卫·克拉克的那个女儿吗
As in Jack's new girlfriend.
是杰克的新女友
Wait. You're not talking about that David Clarke?
等等 你不会是在说那位大卫·克拉克吧
What, you didn't know?
什么 你不知道吗
He used to own this place.
这房子曾经是他的
Oh, my god.
我的天呐
My realtor conveniently neglected to mention that.
我的房产经纪人把这点给隐瞒了
Yeah, well, I didn't really know them,
我也不太认识他们
but her father was working for my father
但她爸爸曾经为我爸工作过
when all those people were killed.
正是空难发生前后那段时期
How horrible for your family.
这对你家来说有多恐怖啊
Well, it was a long time ago.
是啊 那是很久以前的事了
How was the rest of your day?
你今天过得怎么样
Well, I decided not to tell my father about Tyler.
我不打算告诉我爸泰勒的事
He'll dig his own grave.
他会自掘坟墓的
The only way for me to truly beat him
对我而言 只有靠实力
should be on merit.
才是真的击败他
I like that plan.
我支持你
Great. Then I hope you won't mind joining me tonight
太好了 明晚跟我一起去
for dinner with Mr.Takeda.
陪武田先生吃饭吧
I'm gonna need my Japanese translater.
我需要你做我的翻译
Of course.
当然可以
You're a gem.
爱死你了
I'm gonna take a shower.
我去冲个澡

重点解释

He used to own this place.这房子曾经是他的

used to:曾经

I used to look on him as a friend.

我以前把他看作是一位朋友。

People in this locality used to take two meals a day.

这儿的居民过去每天吃两餐饭。

How was the rest of your day?你今天过得怎么样

the rest of:其余的

Soon I dropped behind the rest of the class.

不久我就落在班上其他同志后面了。

I'll be tied up the rest of the week, I am afraid.

这个星期我恐怕都抽不出时间。

How horrible for your family.这对你家来说有多恐怖啊

horrible:可怕的;令人毛骨悚然的;令人讨厌的

常用短语:horrible to sb 对某人不友好

My sister was being horrible to me all day.

我姐姐一整天都对我很凶。

词义辨析:horrible,fearful, frightful, scared, terrible这组词都有“可怕的”“害怕的”意思。

其区别在于:

fearful指预感到危险、失败或麻烦时而恐惧,也指担心可能发生的结果,侧重于主体的心里感觉,而与外界关系不大;

scared主要指因身心遭受伤害而恐惧,也指不明根源的无形恐惧;

frightful指巨大的或令人意外的事件给人带来的害怕或惊骇;

terrible和horrible都可指感情上的厌恶,令人感到不舒服, horrible更甚,指碰到的怪诞的、丑陋的、危险的事物或道德

上腐败堕落的行为所引起的强烈的情绪波动,还特指依靠恐怖的或可怕的事物取得吓人的效果。

例如:

The playwright was fearful that the opening night would be a failure.

剧作家担心首场演出会失败。

Frightful earthquakes occur somewhere on the earth every year.

每年地球上常不定期在什么地方发生可怕的地震。

A horrible sight met her eyes.

一幅令人毛骨悚然的景象出现在她的眼前。

Nothing can erase from her mind the memory of that terrible day.

没有什么东西可以消除她头脑里对那可怕的一天的记忆。

分享到
重点单词
  • playwrightn. 剧作家
  • fearfuladj. 担心的,可怕的
  • erasev. 抹去,擦掉 [计算机] 擦除
  • graven. 坟墓,墓穴 adj. 严肃的,严重的,庄重的
  • gemn. 宝石,珍品,受到宠爱或评价很高的人,松糕 vt.
  • beatv. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动 n. 敲打,拍子,心跳