位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
美剧《复仇》第一季第20集 第3期:邻居情缘
日期:2014-10-11 21:19

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Hello. Happy New Year.

你好 新年快乐

Thank you, sir.

谢谢你 先生

Lydia.

莉迪亚

Oh, Michael.

迈克尔

It is so good to see you both.

真高兴见到你们俩

We wouldn't have come by a day early like this,

我们本不该像这样提早一天来拜访

but we were kind of, uh, in the neighborhood.

但我们正好在附近办事

House shopping.

我们打算购房

Michael promised to buy a place in Southampton.

迈克尔答应我 在南汉普顿买套房子

Unfortunately, all the beachfront properties get snatched up

但不幸的是 海滨别墅一旦挂牌待售

the second they hit the market.

就会立即被人买走

One day, this bubble is gonna burst.

总有一天 这场泡沫经济会破裂

Oh, well, let it.

随它去吧

There's been a veritable invasion of riffraff around here

自从政府削减利率后

ever since the feds flattened the rates.

总有一些乌合之众想要入住此地

What he means

他的意思是

is that we'd be thrilled to have you as neighbors.

能和你们做邻居 我们激动万分

The closer the better.

越近越好

Be careful what you wish for.

小心愿望成真哦

We did put an offer on

我们确实申请求购

David Clarke's old beach house next door.

大卫·克拉克在隔壁的旧海滨小屋

Yes, but, uh,

是的 但是...

after the government seized the property,

政府没收他的财产后

they auctioned it off to some dummy corporation.

就将房子拍卖给了某家傀儡公司

I mean, you'd think with the history of that house,

鉴于那栋房子的历史 可以想象

they would be happy to unload it.

他们会多高兴能摆脱这个房产

But apparently, they're not entertaining any offers.

但显然那家公司对我们的开价不感兴趣

No.

是的

Oh, well, that's unfortunate.

那还真不走运

Would you please take the Davises bags

请带着戴维斯夫妇的行李

and situate them in an oceanfront room?

领他们到海景房间休息

重点解释

We wouldn't have come by a day early like this,我们本不该像这样提早一天来拜访

come by<美>来串门;得到

You just go on ahead. I'll come by later.

你只管先往前走。我随后就来。

Is it okay if I come by myself?

我一个人来行吗?

Be careful what you wish for.小心愿望成真哦

wish for希望得到

Who could wish for a better opportunity?

谁还会企求能得到比这更好的机会呢?

We are apt to wish for what we can't have.

我们往往会祈求得不到的东西.

There's been a veritable invasion of riffraff around here ever since the feds flattened the rates.自从政府削减利率后总有一些乌合之众想要入住此地

ever since 从那时到现在; 自从;自…以后;从…起

I've had the hots for him ever since he came to college.

自从他来上大学后,我就对他春心萌动。

I've been dieting ever since the birth of my fourth child.

我生完第四个孩子后就一直在节食。


分享到
重点单词
  • veritableadj. 真实的,确实的,真正的
  • bubblen. 气泡,泡影 v. 起泡,冒泡
  • aptadj. 恰当的,聪明的,易于 ... 的 abbr.
  • invasionn. 侵入,侵略
  • entertainingadj. 引起乐趣的,娱乐性的,令人愉快的 n. 招待,
  • corporationn. 公司,法人,集团
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机
  • propertyn. 财产,所有物,性质,地产,道具
  • dummyn. 傀儡,假人,哑巴,笨蛋,仿制品 adj. 假的,虚
  • burstn. 破裂,阵,爆发 v. 爆裂,迸发