位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
美剧《复仇》第二季第1集 第24期:拖延病情赚取出诊费
日期:2015-02-17 23:06

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Emily, what are you doing back here?
艾米莉 你又来干什么
I thought we agreed
我们不是说好了吗
you'd only return if absolutely necessary.
不到万不得已 不要来找我
I did some research on Dr. Thomas.
我调查了那个托马斯医生
I thought you'd want to see what I found out.
我觉得你该看看调查结果
Seems as though your suspicions are correct.
看来你的怀疑没错
They almost always are.
我的直觉一向很准
He was sued six times
他曾因拖延病人病情
for prolonging the stay of his patients
被起诉六次之多
in order to increase his billings.
只为了能多赚点出诊费
In exchange for a generous donation.
并换取巨额的捐助
Exactly.
没错
He operated under three different names in
他在三个州使用不同的身份出诊
three different states, possibly more.
而这很可能只是冰山一角
I just thought you'd want to know
我觉得该让你知道
exactly who you're dealing with.
对方的底细
Always.
一向如此
Well, I'm sure that your government friends
我相信你在政府的朋友
will have him arrested,
不久就会将他绳之以法
and... Charlotte will be free in no time.
夏洛特也能尽快重获自由
Emily.
艾米莉
I'm not sure I deserve this kindness from you.
你的好心令我心怀愧疚
I'm just so happy you're alive.
看到你还活着 我很欣慰了
Goodbye, Victoria.
再见 维多利亚

重点解释

I thought you'd want to see what I found out.我觉得你该看看调查结果

find out发现;找出来;揭发

We shall find out the truth early or late.

我们迟早会查明事实真相。

He was sued six times for prolonging the stay of his patients in order to increase his billings.他曾因拖延病人病情被起诉六次之多只为了能多赚点出诊费

in order to为了

We started early in order to arrive before dark.

为了在天黑前到达,我们很早就动身了。

We jacked the automobile in order to change a tire.

我们用千斤顶把汽车托起换个轮胎。

In exchange for a generous donation.并换取巨额的捐助

In exchange for 交换; 调换

I gave Mary an apple in exchange for my favorite banana.

我送给玛丽一个苹果换我最喜欢吃的香蕉。

I gave him my camera in exchange for his watch.

他拿照相机换取他的手表。

分享到
重点单词
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • donationn. 捐赠物,捐款,捐赠
  • tiren. 轮胎,金属圈 v. 使疲倦,厌烦
  • deservevi. 应该得到 vt. 应受,值得
  • kindnessn. 仁慈,好意
  • generousadj. 慷慨的,宽宏大量的,丰盛的,味浓的
  • exchangen. 交换,兑换,交易所 v. 交换,兑换,交易
  • dealingn. 经营方法,行为态度 (复数)dealings:商务