位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
美剧《复仇》第二季第2集 第17期:控制型人才
日期:2015-03-27 21:52

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

So what's next?
那么接下来干嘛
Hit me.
打我
This is your one and only shot, so do it like a man,
你只有这一次机会 拿出男人的样子
if it's even possible.
如果你还拿得出来的
Oh, dear.
亲爱的
Nothing would give me greater pleasure.
乐意之至
Alan Allerton, former C.F.O.
艾伦·艾乐顿 市值六十亿美元公司的
of a $6-billion telecommunications comp--
前任首席财务官
Oh, $6 bil is a lemonade stand.
才六十亿 跟柠檬汽水摊差不多
Pass.

Look,
听着
no matter how impressive the resume,
不管简历写得多好
none of them get the job because none of them are me.
没人能得到这个职位 因为他们不是我
Stop thinking of it as giving up control.
不要觉得雇佣首席财务官等于交出控制权
Think of it as gaining someone to control completely
应该觉得这样就能完全掌控一个人
to do the things you don't want to do.
让他去做你不想做的事
Now that I like the sound of.
这个说法我喜欢
Well, what about you?
你呢
I am not a candidate.
我不是候选人
I haven't even finished grad school.
我还没毕业呢
Neither have I.
我也一样
Yes, but I'm not qualified. Well, you're driven.
好吧 我还没有资历 可你特别努力
I mean, you drove all the way
你大老远的开车到
out here to Long Island, didn't you?
长岛来了 不是吗
These people I'm pitching
我挑的这些人
have at least 15 years of leadership experience.
都有至少十五年的领导经验
Yes, but I don't want a leader.
没错 可我不想找领导型人才

重点解释

no matter how impressive the resume,none of them get the job because none of them are me.不管简历写得多好,没人能得到这个职位,因为他们不是我

no matter无论; 不管

No matter how hard he may try, he will not succeed.

不管他怎么努力去干都不会成功的。

No matter what she did, the result was all one.

无论她怎么做,结果都是一样的。

Stop thinking of it as giving up control.不要觉得雇佣首席财务官等于交出控制权

think o认为;想象;设想

What do you think of his new job?

你对他的新工作看法如何?

He would never think of letting his daughter marry a fellow like you.

他决不会想到让女儿嫁给像你这样的家伙。

give up放弃;抛弃;戒除;交出

She doesn't give up easily.

她做任何事都不轻易放弃。

The doctors had given her up but she made a remarkable recovery.

医生们已放弃了治愈她的希望,而她却恢复得很好。

分享到