位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
悬疑时装剧《复仇》S01E05 第66期:房产证上是我的名字
日期:2012-12-17 21:19

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Lydia, hi.
莉迪亚 你好
How are you? It's been a long time.
你还好吗 好久不见
Not that long.
也没多久
I want my house back.
我想要回我的房子
Pardon me?
你说什么
This cottage is one of the few things
这个别墅是为数不多的几件
that still connects me to the life that I lost
与我遇到你那周末所失去的生活相连
the weekend that I met you.
的东西之一
I hand-picked nearly every piece of decor in this place.
这房子里几乎每件装饰都是我亲手挑选的
And your taste is impeccable, which is exactly
你的品味无可挑剔 所以我才
why I paid double the asking price--
支付了两倍要价
to make sure it came fully furnished.
以确保家具齐全
I'm contesting the sale.
竞价可是很激烈的喔
I was technically on the deed,
房产证上可是我的名字
and in spite of what you stumbled on to
尽管你揭露了
between me and Conrad at the Southfork Inn,
我和康拉德在南方酒店的那档子事
My ex-husband had no legal right to sell.
我前夫也没权利卖它
I'm sorry for what happened to you, Lydia.
我对你的遭遇表示抱歉 莉迪亚
And I get that you're upset, but the money from the sale
我知道你很不高兴 但我花在
should more than compensate for your loss.
这房子上的钱可比你失去还要多
And what could a girl like you possibly know about loss?
像你这样的女孩懂什么叫失去吗

重点解释

This cottage is one of the few things that still connects me to the life that I lost the weekend that I met you.这个别墅是为数不多的几件与我遇到你那周末所失去的生活相连的东西之一。

connect to:连接, 相连

Can you connect to your network with PCs?

你能把PC机与你的网络相连吗?

My new house is not yet connected to the mains.

我的新房子还没接上水、 电、 煤气呢。

why I paid double the asking price--to make sure it came fully furnished.所以我才支付了两倍要价以确保家具齐全。

make sure:设法确保

I'll make sure of the time of the flight.

我要核实一下这班飞机的时间。

Make sure that the sign's the right way up.

一定要把符号的上下弄对。

in spite of what you stumbled on to between me and Conrad at the Southfork Inn,尽管你

揭露了我和康拉德在南方酒店的那档子事。

in spite of:不顾, 不管

In spite of the bad weather, we went fishing.

我们不顾恶劣的天气而去钓鱼。

In spite of my efforts the boy remained passive.

尽管我努力,那男孩还是不起劲。

stumble on:偶然遇到, 碰巧找到

She stumbled on his true identity.

她意外地发现了他的真实身份。

分享到
重点单词
  • networkn. 网络,网状物,网状系统 vt. (以网络)覆
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱
  • identityn. 身份,一致,特征
  • deedn. 事迹,行为,[法]契约 vt. 立契转让 a
  • passiveadj. 被动的,消极的 n. 被动性
  • flightn. 飞行,航班 n. 奇思妙想,一段楼梯 n.
  • stumblen. 绊倒,失策 vi. 绊倒,失策,踌躇,无意中发现
  • compensatev. 偿还,补偿,付报酬
  • pardonn. 原谅,赦免 vt. 宽恕,原谅
  • spiten. 恶意,怨恨 vt. 刁难,伤害