位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
美剧《复仇》第一季第16集 第24期:正义无价
日期:2014-05-17 21:57

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Looks like you could use some company.
你好像需要有人相伴
Two months ago,
两个月前
we were being heralded in "The Times." as a golden couple,
我们被《时代》评为完美夫妇
and now look at us.
再看看现在
One child arrested for murder,
一个孩子因为谋杀被逮捕
and the other can't look at us without contempt,
另一个则用鄙视的目光看着我们
Divorced but living under the same roof.
我俩离了婚却还住在同一屋檐下
At least it's a 20,000-square-foot roof.
至少这屋檐下有两万平方英尺
It's not like we'll be tripping over each other.
我们不至于相互绊倒对方
24,000.
是两万四平方英尺
Oh. How the hell did we get here?
我们怎么会落到如此地步
Mm. I don't know.
我也不知道
I believe it's called the domino effect.
我想这就是所谓的多米诺效应
You know, one move begets another,
一件事牵扯到另一件事
and then before you know it...
于是在你还未觉察之前
they all fall down.
它们全倒下了
I'm worried.
我很担心
Jail is no place for a boy like Daniel.
监狱不是丹尼尔这种人能待的
There is a perception
在这个世上
in this part of the world
很多人有这样一种观念
that power and money exert undue influence.
认为钱权能使鬼推磨
I want it clear--
但我明确地告诉你们
in my courtroom,
在我的法庭上
justice has no price tag.
正义无价 法不阿贵

重点解释

It's not like we'll be tripping over each other.我们不至于相互绊倒对方

trip over(被 ... )绊倒

If you don't lace up your shoes, you'll trip over.

如果你不系好鞋带,你会被绊倒的。

She tripped over and landed in puddle.

她绊了一下跌在水潭里。

and then before you know it...they all fall down.于是在你还未觉察之前它们全倒下了

fall down跌倒; 失败

You must watch your step so as not to fall down.

你必须留心脚下才不会跌下去。

I heard someone fall down the stairway.

我听到有人摔下楼梯。

in my courtroom,justice has no price tag.在我的法庭上正义无价,法不阿贵

price tag价格标签

Did you see the price tag of the dresses?

你看到这些衣服的价格标签了吗?

分享到
重点单词
  • contemptn. 轻视,轻蔑
  • puddlen. 水坑,地上积水,胶泥, v. 搅浊,在泥污中打滚,
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱
  • courtroomn. 法庭,审判室
  • perceptionn. 感知,认识,观念
  • exertvt. 运用,施加(压力,影响等)
  • lacen. 饰带,花边,缎带 v. 结带子,饰以花边