位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
美剧《复仇》第一季 第185期:胁迫结婚
日期:2013-09-14 22:15

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Well, you'll be happy to hear that your prenup
通知你一个喜人的消息
is well on its way to being nullified due to duress.
由于你是胁迫结婚 婚前协议宣告作废
Thank you, Ryan, for going above and beyond on that one.
谢谢你 莱恩 为此你煞费苦心
Where do we stand with Charlotte?
夏洛特的情况我们怎么解决
Well, at this time, there's no compelling legal argument
现在我还没找到强制性法律条款
to force her back home with you.
能强迫她回到你身边
But believe me, I'll continue to dig.
但是相信我 我会继续钻研的
Right now my main concern is your interest in Grayson Global.
此刻我最关心的是你在格雷森国际的利益
It seems Conrad is seeking
看起来康拉德在想法子
to divest you of your stock in the company.
剥夺你在公司现有的股份
Is he insane?
他疯了吗
Someone needs to remind that man
他应该清楚
that I earned every single one of those shares.
我的所有股份都是应得的
And without me, he wouldn't have - He's not insane.
没有我 他就不会... 他没疯
He's strong-arming.
他只是手段强硬
But before we go into the ring with them on this,
但与他们就此谈判前
I think it'd be wise if we set up a little insurance policy.
我想制定一个保险策略才是明智之举
We need Conrad to restore
我们得让康拉德交出
Daniel's access to his grandfather's trust.
丹尼尔爷爷留给他的信托基金
You're asking me to involve my son in this?
你要我把儿子也牵涉进来
Well, by his own declaration, he's already involved.
按照他自己的说法 他已经牵涉其中
And he's on your side.
而且他站在你这边
Combine Daniel's shares with yours...
把你和丹尼尔的股份加起来
and we control the company.
我们就能控制公司了
Right.

Unfortunately, we can't simply ask Conrad
问题是 我们不能直接要求康拉德
to release Daniel's stake in the firm to him.
把丹尼尔拥有的股份交还给他
He'd put together the pieces immediately.
他会马上想到其中的关联
But we're not going to ask. Daniel is.
不是由我们提出 是丹尼尔去
Then it becomes a simple question of loyalty--
这样就是单纯的忠诚问题了
Conrad's to Daniel,
康拉德忠于丹尼尔
and Daniel's to you.
丹尼尔忠于你

重点解释

Well, you'll be happy to hear that your prenup is well on its way to being nullified due to duress通知你一个喜人的消息,由于你是胁迫结婚,婚前协议宣告作废

due to因为,由于

Some students quit school due to poverty.

一些学生因贫困而辍学。

The accident was due to her negligence.

这次事故是因她疏忽所致。

I think it'd be wise if we set up a little insurance policy.我想制定一个保险策略才是明智之举

set up建立;创立

A fund will be set up for the dead men's families.

抚恤死难工人家属的基金会即将建立起来。

They set up a tent near the seashore.

他们在海滨附近搭起了一个帐篷。

And he's on your side.而且他站在你这边

on one's side站在某人一方

She may not win this year, but she does have youth on her side.

也许今年她赢不了,但她有年轻的优势。

I am altogether on your side in this matter.

在这个问题上我完全支持你。

分享到
重点单词
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • stockn. 存货,储备; 树干; 血统; 股份; 家畜 adj
  • releasen. 释放,让渡,发行 vt. 释放,让与,准予发表,发
  • staken. 桩,赌注,利害关系 v. 下注,用桩支撑
  • divestvt. 剥夺;使脱去,迫使放弃
  • globaladj. 全球性的,全世界的,球状的,全局的
  • involvevt. 包含,使陷入,使忙于,使卷入,牵涉
  • combinev. 结合,联合,使结合 n. 集团,联合企业,联合收割
  • declarationn. 宣布,宣言
  • insurancen. 保险,保险费,安全措施