迷你对话学地道口语第2024期:说话严谨,守口如瓶
日期:2020-06-06 17:14

(单词翻译:单击)

情景对话:

A: How about your exam?

你考试考得怎么样?

B: Sorry, I can't tell you.

抱歉我不能告诉你。

A: Why not? Are your lips sealed?

为什么?你的嘴被封住了吗?

B: No. Just because I failed in the exam.

不,只是因为我考得不好。

1. 词汇拾贝

seal one’s slips

exp. To be tight-mouthed. (说话严谨,守口如瓶

e.g. John wanted to talk, but Mary told him to keep seal his lips.

约翰想说,但玛丽要他守口如瓶。

e.g. She seals her lips. So far she has not breathed a word about that.

她的嘴很紧,直到现在对那件事她也没有吐露一个字。

e.g. I am determined to find out the secret of her sealing her lips toward her mother.

我得弄明白她为什么对她母亲守口如瓶。

2. 语汇积累

fail in:失败

e.g. By my calculation, 5% of the students will fail in the exam.

据我估计,百分之五的学生不能通过这次考试。

e.g. You will bring the blame of others upon yourself if you fail in this.

如果你在这件事上失败了, 就会招来别人的非议。

分享到