迷你对话学地道口语第53期:坐如针毡
日期:2012-06-11 23:10

(单词翻译:单击)

迷你对话:

A:You seem to have all the jitters about Jane.

你好像对Jane感到特别不安。

B:Yeah. I am on edge since she was out to the match.

是啊。自从她离家去比赛后我就一直坐卧不安。

A:Keep your fingers crossed. She'll bring home the bacon.

为她祈祷祝福吧。她会凯旋而归的。

B:I do have the confidence, but I still worry about her.

我的确对他有信心,可是还是为她担心。

词海拾贝:

1.have jitters about:对......感到不安,对......感到紧张,对......感到担忧

Eg.I've got the jitters about that examination.

我很担心这次考试。

2.on edge:紧张不安,烦躁

Eg.The mother was all on edge when her son was having a blood test.

那位母亲在儿子接受血检时,心情十分紧张。

Eg.She is very nervous and the least excitement puts her all on edge.

她很神经过敏,一点点刺激就会使她异常紧张。

Eg.She was a bit on edge till she heard he was safe.

她听到他安然无恙才放下心来。

3.keep one's fingers crossed:祈福,祈祷

Eg.Keep your fingers crossed it doesn't rain any more.

祈祷不再下雨。

Eg.Keep you fingers crossed that we win.

祷告我们能获胜。

4.bring home the bacon:取胜,成功

Eg.His methods may bring home the bacon.

他的方法可能成功。

5.worry about:担忧,担心

Eg.Don't worry about little things.

别为琐事烦恼。

Eg.Don't worry about the printing; that's my parish.

别担心打印的事,那是我的工作范围。

6.have the confidence:有信心

分享到