迷你对话学地道口语第1905期:硬科学
日期:2019-11-18 19:11

(单词翻译:单击)

第一,情景对话

A: In my opinion, the development of hard science and soft science is unbalanced at all.

依我看,现在的硬科学和软科学的发展一点儿也不平衡。

B: Yeah. it's true. Most people just pay attention to the hard science.

嗯,就是,很多人只关心硬科学。

A: But the soft science is more important in my eyes. Especially psychology, today, a lot of people live a tense life, feel tired and are easily upset as well.

可是在我眼中,软科学更为重要,尤其是心理学。现在的人们大都生活在紧张的生活状态中,身体疲惫而且内心脆弱。

B: I think we all think we can change everything and desire more than we can obtain.

我觉得我们都认为自己可以改变一切,渴望得到的比我们能得到的要多很多。

第二,词海拾贝

hard science

exp.Any of the natural or physical sciences, such as physics, chemistry, biology, geology, or astronomy. (自然学科,硬科学)

第三,语汇积累

1. in one’s opinion:依......看来,照......看来

e.g. In my opinion, your new coat is not worth so much money.

我认为你的外套不值得这么多钱。

e.g. In my opinion, he is incompetent to practise medicine and may be endangering patients' lives.

我认为,他不具有行医的能力,甚至可能危害病人的生命。

e.g. In my opinion, we must depend on intensive cultivation to feed ourselves.

我看我们就是要靠精耕细作吃饭。

2. pay attention to:注意

e.g. Don't pay attention to anything he says. He lies like a gas meter.

不要理睬他的话,他一味撒谎。

e.g. Pay attention to uniting and working with comrades who differ with you.

注意团结那些和你意见不同的同志一起工作。

e.g. Don't just keep slogging away. Pay attention to method.

别一个劲儿傻干,要讲究方法。

3. in one’s eyes:在某人的心中,在某人看来

e.g. The author's half drunken state did not in the least impair his eminence in my eyes.

在我的眼里,这位作家的醺醺醉态丝毫无损他的高尚。

e.g. In my eyes the question is not what to teach,but how to educate.

在我看来,问题不是教什么内容而是如何教育。

4. at all:根本,究竟

e.g. "I don't agree at all," she answered indignantly.

她气愤地答道:“我压根儿就不同意。”

e.g. Even though me were friends, he acted like he didn't know me at all.

尽管我们是朋友,他表现得好像根本不认识我。

e.g. Father does not oppose the idea at all.

父亲丝毫不反对这个想法。

soft science:软科技

live a tense life:过着紧张的生活

分享到