迷你对话学地道口语第2019期:捧腹大笑,歇斯底里地笑
日期:2020-05-16 19:50

(单词翻译:单击)

Dialogue:

A: What's up? Why are they rolling in the aisles?

出什么事了?他们为什么捧腹大笑?

B: I told them a joke just now.

我刚才给他们讲了个笑话。

A: Don't you know we are having a class now? Aren't you ashamed of your behavior?

不知道我们在上课吗?你不为你的行为感到羞耻吗?

一, 词海拾贝

roll in the aisles

exp. To laughing uproariously or hysterically. (捧腹大笑,歇斯底里地笑

e.g. Your jokes are perfect for your speech tonight. You'll have them rolling in the aisles!

你的笑话很适合你今晚的演讲。你会让他们捧腹大笑的!

e.g. The comedian was very good indeed. He had the audience rolling in the aisles.

那个喜剧演员确实很好——他让观众笑得前仰后合。

——Is this new man funny, then?—— Funny! The way he tells jokes rolls them in the aisles.

——新来的这个人滑稽吗?——滑稽!他讲笑话的方式能使观众笑得前仰后合。

二, 语汇积累

1. be ashamed of:为……感到羞愧

e.g. This morning you admitted you were ashamed of turning Mary away.

今天上午你承认对拒绝接待Mary感觉惭愧。

e.g. I feel ashamed of having done so little for my daughter.

我为我的女儿做付出得很少而感到惭愧。

2. have a class:上课

e.g. I have got to hang up now as I have a class .

我现在得挂断了,因为我有课。

e.g. I 'd better be off now. I have a class .

我得走了,因为我有课。

3. just now:刚才

e.g. I' m afraid what I said just now was not called for.

恐怕我刚才说的话本来是不必讲的。

e.g. I had a little brush with him just now, that's all.

刚才我跟他发生了一点口角,事情就是这样。

分享到