迷你对话学地道口语第1895期:尽力而为,全力以赴
日期:2019-10-08 07:58

(单词翻译:单击)

第一,情景对话

A: I went all-out preparing for the final exams, but...

为了期末考试我已经全力以赴了,可……

B: Take it easy, dear. I know you have tried your best.

亲爱的,没关系。我知道你已经尽力了。

第二,词海拾贝

go all out

exp. To put forth the utmost amount of energy, effort, enthusiasm. (全力以赴,尽力而为)

e.g. You'll be going against a state champion in the next match, so you'll have to go all out if you want to beat her!

你将在下一场比赛中与州冠军对垒,所以如果你想打败她,你就得全力以赴。

e.g. The company went all out for Sam's retirement party, making it a gala affair and sparing no expense.

公司将不惜资金,全力以赴举办Sam盛大的退休晚会。

e.g. If I had the choice over again, I would go all out for a degree in the Humanities and specialize in teaching.

如果让我再做一次选择,我会全力以赴获得人文学科的学位,专攻教学。

e.g. I had to go all out to limit my losses.

我必须尽力减少我的损失。

第三,语汇积累

1.prepare for:为......做准备

e.g. I have to prepare for next week's speech contest.

我要为下周的演讲比赛做准备。

e.g. In high school, students have to prepare for the entrance examination to university.

在高中,学生们得为高考做准备。

2.take it easy:放松,别紧张

e.g. He was going to take it easy when he got back.

他回去以后,要过轻松的日子。

e.g. It's nice to sit down and take it easy after a hard day's work.

劳累了一天之后,能在这里坐下来,轻松一下,该多么愉快呀。

3.try one’s best:尽力

e.g. I'll try my best to procure you that original French novel.

我将尽全力给你搞到那本原版法国小说。

e.g. We must try our best to lay his doubts.

我们要尽力消除他的顾虑。

分享到