迷你对话学地道口语第1948期:对......了如指掌,非常熟悉.......
日期:2019-12-15 15:35

(单词翻译:单击)

第一, 情景对话

A: You like the English literature?

你喜欢英国文学吗?

B: Yeah. I like the novels especially.

喜欢,我最爱读的是小说。

A: Do you like Dickens' novels?

你喜欢狄更斯的作品吗?

B: Yes, I even know some of them backwards.

非常喜欢,有些我都能倒背如流。

A:Really? It does good to you all the time, doesn't it?

真的?你一定受益匪浅,是吧?

B:Of course.

当然。

第二, 词汇拾贝

know something backwards

exp. To be extremely familiar with a particular subject, field, or piece of writing, film, music, etc. (非常熟悉某物,对某物了如指掌)

e.g. I've read this book so many times, I know it backwards.

这本书我已经读过很多遍了,我对它的内容很熟悉。

e.g. You should ask Samantha about your car. She knows engines backwards.

你应该问问萨曼莎你的车,她非常了解发动机。

e.g. Every actor ought to know his lines backwards before he goes on stage as nervousness may make him forgetful.

每个演员上台演出之前应该把台词背得滚瓜烂熟,因为紧张可能使他易忘。

e.g. They know company personnel policy backwards and forwards.

他们对公司的人事政策了如指掌。

第三, 语汇积累

1. do good to somebody:对某人有好处或益处

e.g. I hope I can do good to the company.

我希望能为公司作出贡献。

e.g. Moderate exercises do good to their health.

适度的运动对他们身体有好处。

2.all the time:总是

e.g. At least you can't write to them all the time.

至少你不能一直给他们写信。

e.g. He broke his leg and had to lie all the time.

他折断了腿,不得不总是躺着。

分享到