迷你对话学地道口语第1926期:站得住脚
日期:2019-11-24 12:02

(单词翻译:单击)

第一,情景对话

A:Why didn't you go to school today?

你今天为什么没上学?

B: I felt sick when I got up.

我起床的时候觉得不太舒服。

A: That just don’t hold water. I saw you play basketball around the corner just now!

这个借口根本站不住脚,我刚才还看见你在打篮球!

B: I just felt better in the afternoon, so I thought it not bad to do some sport for a while.

下午的时候我觉得好多了,所以我想去活动活动也不错。

第二,词海拾贝

hold water

exp. To remain true even when examined closely. (站得住脚)

e.g. He has make up his mind to prove that Mary's argument doesn't hold water.

他决心要证明玛丽的论点是站不住脚的。

e.g. I'm sorry that I cannot agree with you, your story just doesn't hold water.

真抱歉我不同意你的看法,你说的话不合情理。

e.g. His account of the robbery won't hold water.

他对抢劫案经过的陈述漏洞百出。

第三,语汇积累

1. around the corner:在拐角处,即将来临

e.g. There is a drugstore around the corner.

拐角上有一家药店。

e.g. The boy disappeared around the corner in a blink of an eye.

一眨眼,这男孩就在拐角处不见了。

e.g. Follow the road until you come to the post office, and you will find the library around the corner.

顺着马路走到邮政局,拐弯的地方就是图书馆。

2. for a while:一会儿

e.g. I'm feeling rather peculiar I think I'll lie down for a while.

我觉得不太舒服--我想躺一会儿。

e.g. Please take care of the baby for me for a while, will you?

请替我照顾一下这孩子,好吗?

3. feel sick:感到不舒服,感觉要呕吐

e.g. She feel sick at the sight of the dead rat.

她一见那只死老鼠就感到恶心。

e.g. Please stop whirling me round as it makes me feel sick.

请不要在我周围转来转去,这使我恶心。

其它:

go to school:去上学

get up:起床

play basketball:打篮球

do some sport:做某种体育运动

分享到