迷你对话学地道口语第1912期:过时了
日期:2019-11-20 20:27

(单词翻译:单击)

第一,情景对话

A: I want to buy a type writer.

我想买台打字机。

B: Don't be silly. The typewriter has had its day. Don't you know the computer has replaced it?

别傻了。打字机已经过时了。难道你不知道计算机已经替代打字机了吗?

A: But if there's a power failure, you can still work with it.

如果停电的话,用打字机还是可以工作的。

B: It depends on you.

随你吧。

第二,词海拾贝

have had it’s day:已经没有用而不再受欢迎了,过时了

e.g. To tell the truth, your design have had it’s day and was not to the taste of the market .

实话说吧,你们的款式早已过时了,不合市场的口味。

第三,语汇积累

1. power failure:停电,电源故障

e.g. Last week we had a massive power failure during a freak afternoon thunderstorm.

上星期在反常的午后雷雨过程中,我们遇上大规模停电。

e.g. A power failure plunged the house into darkness.

断电使房子陷入一片黑暗之中。

e.g. The power failure brought the refrigerator to a rest.

停电致使冰箱停止工作。

2.depend on:依靠,依赖

e.g. May I depend on you to stand by me and my daughters?

我可以指望你照料我和女儿了?

e.g. I haven' t got a car, so I have to depend on the buses.

我没有汽车, 所以我得乘公共汽车.

分享到