迷你对话学地道口语第1982期:究竟,到底
日期:2020-04-23 17:11

(单词翻译:单击)

第一,情景对话

A: Why did you stand there without a word?

你怎么站那儿一句话也没有?

B: I didn't know what on earth to answer.

我不知到底该说些什么。

A: Then, why did you say sorry to the teacher?

那你怎么不和老师说你抱歉?

B: I don't know, I just felt afraid at that time.

我也不清楚自己是怎么回事,那会儿我就是觉得害怕。

A: You should change it.

你该把这一点改掉。

第二,词海拾贝

on earth:到底,究竟

e.g. “What on earth are you so grave about?” she suddenly demanded.

她突然问道:“你这副愁眉苦脸的样子,是有什么心事吗?”

e.g. How on earth did you manage to get the car started?

你到底是怎么把汽车发动起来的?

e.g. Why on earth did they bother to get married?

他们干么费那么大事去结婚?

e.g. How on earth could I have made so grave a mistake?

我怎么会犯如此大错呢?

第三, 语汇积累

1. without a word:一声不吭地,一言不发地

e.g. He walked straight by without a word or without even raising his hat.

他照直走了过去,一句话也不说,甚至也没有举帽致敬。

e.g. Tom swept up the broken glass without a word of reproof to his son.

汤姆把碎玻璃扫干净,没说一句责备儿子的话。

e.g. He intruded himself into the conversation without a word of apology.

他连招呼都不打就插进来讲话。

e.g. He hurried by without a word.

他匆匆地走过去没有说一句话。

2. say sorry to:向……道歉

e.g. You'll say sorry to me for your impertinence, or you'll quit the office instantly!

你这样放肆,非向我道歉不可!不然,你给我马上滚!

e.g. I really ought to say sorry to you for having stood in your light so long.

我早就该向你道歉,我阻碍了你的前程有这么久。

He had the grace to say sorry to me for the insulting remark.

他通情达理地向我道了歉。

分享到