迷你对话学地道口语第1997期:看情况而定,随机应变
日期:2020-05-10 19:29

(单词翻译:单击)

Dialogue:

A: Stay with me, OK? I don't feel like staying here by myself.

留下来陪陪我吧,好吗?我不喜欢自己呆在这儿。

B: Well,OK. If something does turn up, I'll just play it by ear.

好吧。如果有事的话,我就只好看情况而定了。

A: There's a new movie on campus. Have you heard of it?

我们学校要放映一部新电影,你听说了吗?

B: Yes, it's a comedy. Let's go to cinema then.

听说了,是个喜剧,那咱们去看电影吧。

一,词海拾贝

play it by ear

exp. To decide how to deal with a situation as it develops, rather than acting according to plans made earlier(见机行事,无计划地进行,看情况而定)

e.g. A: Are we meeting at noon on Saturday?

我们星期六中午见面吗?

B: Around then. I have to run some errands in the morning, so let's play it by ear.

我早上得去办点杂事,看情况再说吧。

e.g. I' ve had no time to prepare for this meeting, so I' ll have to play it by ear.

我没有时间准备这次会议, 所以到那时候有什么就谈什么。

e.g. I haven't decided what to say when he comes, I'll play it by ear.

我还没有决定他到来的时候说什么,到时候随机应变吧。

e.g. A: Where will we stay in Gloucestershire?

我们在格洛斯特郡住哪儿?

B: Oh, I guess a bed-and-breakfast place. We'll have to play it by ear.

哦,我想是提供住宿和早餐的地方。到时候到了的时候,看情况再定我们住哪儿吧。

三, 语汇积累

1. turn up:发生,出现

e.g. We ought not to go jogging along, improvident, incompetent, waiting for something to turn up.

我们不应该不顾未来,毫无办法地凑合着过下去,等待着新的事情发生。

e.g. It's no good waiting for something to turn up and you have to take actions.

坐等事情发生是没有用的,你得采取行动。

2. hear of:听说,获悉

e.g. I made no doubt then that I should soon hear of him.

我那时一点也不怀疑我会很快听到他的消息的。

e.g. We were very saddened to hear of the death of your mother.

闻令母去世,我们非常悲痛。

其它:on campus:在校园里

by oneself:独自地

分享到