迷你对话学地道口语第1960期:完全承认,全盘托出
日期:2020-04-18 17:39

(单词翻译:单击)

第一, 情景对话

A: You're restless. Are you in trouble?

你老是不安,有麻烦吗?

B: I've done something I shouldn't.

做了件不该做的事。

A: Then make a clean breast of it, you'll feel released.

就彻底忏悔一下吧,你会感觉轻松一些的。

B: I've not decided yet.

我还没决定呢。

第二, 词海拾贝

make a clean breast of

exp. To confess one's misdeeds or wrongdoings. (完全承认了,全盘托出)

e.g. I felt so guilty about cheating on the test that I had to make a clean breast of it to my teacher.

我对考试作弊感到很内疚,所以我不得不向老师坦白。

e.g. His guilty conscience forced him to make a clean breast of everything.

他的内疚使得他把一切和盘托出。

e.g. The police urged the criminal to make a clean breast of everything.

警察督促犯人坦白说出一切。

e.g. If worst came to worst, he could make a clean breast of it to Butler and receive aid.

如果到了最坏的情况,他可以对巴特勒推心置腹而受到资助。

第三, 语汇积累

1. restless:静不下来的, 不能安宁的(尤指因厌烦﹑ 烦躁﹑ 焦虑等)

e.g. The children grew restless with the long wait.

孩子们等了很久便着急了。

e.g. After only a month in the job, he felt restless and decided to leave.

那工作他只干了一个月就厌倦了, 决定不干了。

2. in trouble:处于困境,处于不幸之中

e.g. If you get in trouble, don't hesitate to ask for advice.

如果碰到麻烦, 要赶紧向人求教。

e.g. We' re in trouble ; this is no time for contention.

我们处境很困难,现在不是争论的时候。


分享到