迷你对话学地道口语第1920期:对某人心中有数,知道某人的底细
日期:2019-11-22 18:10

(单词翻译:单击)

第一,情景对话

A: I was wondering if you could give me a day off.

你能不能给我一天假?

B: What for?

为什?

A: I'll have to rewrite my thesis. That will take much time.

我得重新写论文,那要花很多时间。

B: Stop trying to fool me. I have your number.

别想糊弄我,我清楚你的底细。

第二,词海拾贝

have one’s number

exp. To understand or know someone or something well enough to anticipate what they will do. (心中有数,知道某人的底细)

e.g. Oh, don't worry — I won't let him cheat me. I've had his number.

哦,别担心,我不会让他欺骗我的。我清楚他的底细。

e.g. Oh, don't worry, I've had his number—he's a typical brat.

别担心,我非常了解他,他是个典型的小淘气。

e.g. I have his number. He enjoys less popularity than most other professors.

我知道他的底细,他不如其他的教授那样受欢迎。

第三,语汇积累

take much time:花费很多时间

What for? 为何?为什么?

give someone one day off:给某人一天的请假

分享到