迷你对话学地道口语第1904期:不幸
日期:2019-11-18 18:27

(单词翻译:单击)

第一,情景对话

A: I have dropped out of my college.

我不再上大学了。

B: Oh, hard lines! Why do you have to give up your study?

噢,真不幸!干吗要放弃学业呢?

A: My family can't afford my tuition. I have to help my family to tide over the difficulties.

家里交不起学费。我得帮家里渡过难关。

第二,词海拾贝

hard lines

exp. A phrase used to express one's sympathy for someone else.(不幸)

e.g. A: I got drenched on my walk to work because I forgot my umbrella.

我在上班的路上淋湿了,因为我忘了带雨伞。

B: Aw, hard lines.

啊,真不幸。

第三,语汇积累

1. drop out of:退学,失学,从......中退出

e.g. She longed to drop out of the race and make an independent life for herself.

她真想脱离这个圈子去过自由的生活。

e.g. You'll never go to college if you drop out of high school.

如果高中辍学,你就永远不能上大学了。

e.g. We won't drop out of the occupation, will we, after the war is over?

战争结束以后,我们不会从这个占领地退出吧?

2. give up:放弃,停止

e.g. My doctor advised me to give up smoking without delay.

我的医生劝我立即戒烟。

e.g. I shall give up my claim in submission to your wishes.

我将服从你的意愿,放弃我的要求。

e.g. Don't give up hope; keep on trying.

不要灰心,继续努力。

3. tide over:渡过(困难时期)

e.g. He sold his car to tide over his period of unemployment.

他卖掉了汽车以渡过他失业的一段时期。

e.g. The only way we can tide over the crisis is for everybody is that the employer and employees have to work together and help one another!

我们能度过危机的唯一方法是对每个人来说,雇主和雇员必须一起工作,互相帮助!

drop out of the college:不上大学

give up study:放弃学业

tide over difficulties:度过困难

afford one’s tuition:付得起学费


分享到