可可茶话会第91期:我就要升职了
日期:2011-12-04 20:49

(单词翻译:单击)

一、边听边学 Listen and Learn
pull someone’s leg 欺骗,愚弄
work one’s fingers to the bone 努力工作
give someone a break 给予机会
look up 改善
take on 承接
get in the swing of things 适应环境
learn the ropes 抓住要领
a breeze 简易之事
cut out 适合

二、边听边说 Listen and Speak
A: I’m going to get a promotion.
我就要升职了。
B: You’re pulling my leg !
骗人的吧?
A: No. I deserve it. I worked my fingers to the bone.
不,这是理所当然的,我工作很努力。
B: I’m glad they gave you a break.
我很高兴你获得一个机会。
A: Finally things are looking up for me. I’m taking on more responsibility.
终于一切顺利,而我肩负的责任也更加重大。
B: Now you have to get in the swing of things and learn the ropes.
从今以后你必须适应新环境,并掌握新工作的要领。
A: It’ll be a breeze. I’m really cut out for this work.
我想不会太困难,这个工作很适合我。

可可地盘,英语学习者的乐园 Click here >>> http://dipan.kekenet.com/

分享到
重点单词
  • swingn. 摇摆,改变,冲力 v. 摇摆,旋转,动摇
  • deservevi. 应该得到 vt. 应受,值得
  • promotionn. 晋升,促进,提升