可可茶话会第89期:自己的事靠自己
日期:2011-11-26 22:59

(单词翻译:单击)

一、边听边学 Listen and Learn
to a T 完全地,确实地
pull strings 背后操作
one’s hands are tied 帮不上忙
throw one’s weight around 发挥影响力
put in one’s two cents 提出意见
waste one’s breath 白费口舌
make one’s own way 凭自己的努力

二、边听边说 Listen and Speak
A: There’s a job opening in my company. It would suit you to a T.
我们公司有个工作机会,很适合你。
B: Could you pull some strings to get me hired?
你可以帮我得到这个工作吗?
A: I can’t. My hands are tied.
没办法,我帮不上忙。
B: Don’t you know anyone who could throw his weight around?
你认识任何有影响的人吗?
A: What about your brother? He’s a big shot. Maybe he could put in his two cents.
你哥哥如何?他是个有影响力的人物,或许可以帮你说句话。
B: Asking him is wasting my breath. I think I’ll have to make my own way.
求他没用。我想自己的事还得靠自己。

可可地盘,英语学习者的乐园 Click here >>> http://dipan.kekenet.com/

分享到