美剧《摩登家庭》第1季第10集精讲 第14期:放弃父母的权威
日期:2015-03-16 22:29

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Okay. But if this so-called Santa Claus...
好吧 但如果那个所谓的圣诞老人
doesn't bring me a burgundy dinner jacket,
没送我一件酒红色的晚礼服
we're going to have a big problem.
我们会有大麻烦的
Honey?
亲爱的
Would it really be so bad to back down?
我们真的不该让步吗
And have the kids never take any of our threats seriously again?
那样孩子们再也不会把我们的威胁当回事了
Yeah.
是啊
Or... the kids could realize...
也许 孩子们会意识到
that we're making a supreme sacrifice by giving up our power
我们放弃了做父母的权威 做出巨大的牺牲
to save their Christmas.
来拯救他们的圣诞节
Which would, in a way, be
从某种意义上来说
the greatest gift that we could ever give them.
会成为我们送给他们最棒的礼物
And which would paradoxically make them respect us even more.
那样反而会让他们更加尊重我们
Okay, forget that. Go back one.
行了 算我痴心妄想 想想刚说的
Hey, guys.
老爸老妈
It- it was me.
是我干的
What? - What?
什么 -什么
I found a cigarette at school,
我在学校发现了一根烟
and when no one was home, I- I tried it.
家里没人的时候 我抽了一口
And I-I guess I held it too close to the couch.
我想我可能拿得离沙发太近了

重点解释

Would it really be so bad to back down?我们真的不该让步吗

back down放弃; 让步

He proved that he was right and his critics had to back down.

他证明了他是正确的,而那些非难他的人不得不收起他们那一套。

we're making a supreme sacrifice by giving up our power我们放弃了做父母的权威,做出巨大的牺牲

give up放弃;抛弃

She doesn't give up easily.

她做任何事都不轻易放弃。

The doctors had given her up but she made a remarkable recovery.

医生们已放弃了治愈她的希望,而她却恢复得很好。

And which would paradoxically make them respect us even more.那样反而会让他们更加尊重我们

even more更多地; 更为 ... 地

If you persist, you will annoy them even more.

你若固执,他们就更恼火了。

She's even more intelligent than her sister.

她甚至比姐姐还聪明。

分享到