美剧《摩登家庭》第1季第10集精讲 第9期:面对孩子狠不下心
日期:2015-03-10 19:55

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Hey, don't look at me.
不要看我
Only one of us was ever caught playing with matches.
我们中只有一个人 曾经点火柴玩
Luke?
卢克
That was a year ago. Just admit you did it.
那是一年前的事了 承认是你干的吧
You admit you did it! No!
你承认吧 不
Okay. Look, I have an idea.
好吧 我有个主意
Do you remember the movie Spartacus?
你们记得斯巴达克斯那部电影吗
Here's what we do:
我们这么做
Luke, you tell Mom and Dad it's your fault.
卢克 你去告诉爸妈是你做的
I didn't do it. - It doesn't matter.
可我没有 -那没关系
Because after you confess,
因为你招了后
Haley and I will each confess to the same thing.
我和海莉也会分别承认是我们做的
How does that do anything?
那有什么用
They'll be so touched that we're protecting each other...
他们会因为我们保护彼此而感动的
that they'll have to bring back Christmas.
然后他们就会把圣诞节还给我们了
That's awesome.
太棒了
How does it work again?
为什么此计可行来着
We're gonna pass into legend.
我们会成为传奇的
The parents who canceled Christmas.
取消了圣诞节的父母亲
I thought you'd be happy.
我还以为你会高兴
They'II write songs about us,
他们会把我们写进歌里
make one of those Christmas specials with those ugly little clay people.
用那些丑陋的小泥人制作圣诞特价玩具
You're the one who always says
你老是说我
I shouldn't be such a pushover with the kids.
面对孩子时就狠不下心来
So this is where you decide to make your stand?
所以你就这样表明自己的立场吗
Really, Phil? - Okay. Okay, look.
菲尔 -好吧 好吧 听着
Don't worry. We're going to have Christmas.
别担心 圣诞节会回来的
We've raised our kids right.
我们家孩子那么有责任有担当
Whoever did it will come forward.
不管谁做的 都会主动站出来承认错误
Or the other two will rat 'em out.
不然另外两个也会把他供出来的

重点解释

Haley and I will each confess to the same thing.我和海莉也会分别承认是我们做的

confess to承认; 坦白; 忏悔

I confess to being astonished at this unexpected statement.

我承认对这种未预料到的供词感到吃惊。

If you want to do better, you'd better confess to your weakness at first.

如果你要做得更好,你最好先承认你的弱点。

They'll be so touched that we're protecting each other...他们会因为我们保护彼此而感动的

each other互相;各自

They took out their resentments on each other.

他们互相发泄怨气。

that they'll have to bring back Christmas.然后他们就会把圣诞节还给我们了

bring back带回来

A rocket can bring back information which we could never get in any other way.

火箭能够带回我们用其他方法得不到的资料。

If the plate tarnishes, you can rub it up a little and bring back its shine.

如果盘子失去光泽,你可以稍为擦试一下,使其恢复光泽

分享到
重点单词
  • clayn. 粘土,泥土 n. (人的)肉体
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.
  • unexpectedadj. 想不到的,意外的
  • astonishedadj. 惊讶的 动词astonish的过去式和过去分词
  • legendn. 传说,传奇
  • confessv. 承认,告白,忏悔
  • touchedadj. 受感动的 adj. 精神失常的
  • weaknessn. 软弱
  • statementn. 声明,陈述