美剧《摩登家庭》第1季第6集精讲 第8期:说话找茬
日期:2014-10-07 22:35

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

I listen with my mind,and if you pay attention,
我很用心聆听 你要是细心一点
Women will tell you what they want
就会发现女人会用相反的话
By telling you the opposite of what they want.
告诉你她们想要什么
Like,the other day, claire was like,
就像那天Claire说
"you have to move your car.
"你得挪下你的车
There's no space in the garage for both of our cars."
"车库不够放咱们两辆车的"
And what she's really saying is that,you know,
你知道其实她想说啥吗
I should probably get a sports car.
我该换一台运动型车了
I was sort of looking forward to a quiet day.
我想要清净的一天
Thought I'd just read, maybe...Go for a run later.
看看书 跑跑步
That's it.
就这样
Great. We'll run together.
好啊 咱们可以一起跑
You don't have to do that.
你不必这样子啊
Know.
我知道
Listening.
这就是聆听
The thing is, I like to run alone,
其实呢 我比较喜欢一个人跑
And I run kind of fast, so...
而且我跑比较快嘛 所以...
So...
所以...
So,I'm not sure
我不知道
You're gonna be able to keep up with me.
你能不能跟上我的步伐
You're k-- you're kidding,right? No.
你在开...玩笑吧? 没有
You really think I can't keep up with you?
你真的以为 我跟不上你?
I'm not sure you can keep up with this conversation.
我都不认为你能跟上我的话茬

重点解释

I was sort of looking forward to a quiet day.我想要清净的一天

sort of有几分地

The bandits subject us to all sort of indignity.

强盗们对我们加以各种侮辱。

Let's try to rig up some sort of shelter.

让我们赶快搭个遮风挡雨的棚吧。

look forward to展望,期待(后接动词的ing形式)

We look forward to the return of spring.

我们期待着春天的到来。

I look forward to being alone in the house.

我盼望着能自己一人待在这所房子里。

You really think I can't keep up with you?你真的以为,我跟不上你?

keep up with跟上

If you don't keep up with the times, you'll get left behind.

如果你跟不上时代,就会被时代甩在后面。

I can't keep up with all the changes in computer technology.

计算机技术的各种改进有些我已跟不上了。

分享到
重点单词
  • rign. 装备,帆具,服装,钻井架,钻塔 vt. 装配,装扮
  • indignityn. 侮辱,轻蔑
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • sheltern. 庇护所,避难所,庇护 v. 庇护,保护,隐匿