美剧《摩登家庭》第1季第9精讲 第4期:给蟋蟀办生日派对
日期:2015-01-15 16:55

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

I have an iguana that eats crickets.
我有一只吃蟋蟀的鼠鳞蜥
That'd be scary if it was a birthday party for crickets.
要是给蟋蟀办生日派对 那才算吓人吧
Seriously, Jungle Tanya,
说真的 丛林女郎
I need you step it up a notch.
我需要你升级一下恐怖程度
Is there anything that scares the cocoa out of you?
有没有什么东西能把你自己吓个半死
Uh, not really. I do have a bearded dragon.
还真没有 不过我有条"胡须龙"[一种蜥蜴]
Ooh. Does it- No, it does not breathe fire.
是吗 它会.. 不 它不会喷火
Well, then we're back to square one, aren't we?
那说来说去又说回去了 是吧
I couldn't get Luke out of my mind.
我脑子里一直想着卢克的生日会
I know I made a promise to Mitchell,
我知道我向米奇尔保证过
but some things are bigger than promises.
但有些东西比"保证"二字要重要的多
Fizbo would be at that party.
菲茨宝一定要在派对上华丽登场
Hello, old friend.
你好啊 老朋友
It all happened so fast.
一切都发生在眨眼之间
I keep thinking
我一直在想
there was something I could've done.
我当时做点什么阻止这一切就好了
No, don't blame yourself.
不 你不要自责
Who could've possibly seen it coming?
谁能想到会发生这种事呢
Sweetie, that's a rock wall. Is that even safe?
亲爱的 那是道攀岩墙 那安全吗
Oh, my God. - Honey, relax.
老天啊 -亲爱的 放心
Hey, has anyone ever gotten hurt on one of these things?
嘿 有人因为这东西受过伤吗
I don't know, man. It's my first day. See?
我不知道 今天是我第一天上班 瞧
They wouldn't let the new guy do it if it-
他们肯让新人操作肯定说明没有...

That did not make me feel better. Don't worry.
那只会让我更加担心 别担心

重点解释

I know I made a promise to Mitchell,我知道我向米奇尔保证过

make a promise答应; 允诺

If you make a promise you should keep it; you ought not to break a promise.

如果你作出了承诺,你就应该遵守诺言,不应该食言。

If you make a promise, you should fulfil it.

你苦是作出允诺,就必须履行。

That did not make me feel better. 那只会让我更加担心

feel better感到好些

A good weep would probably make you feel better.

你痛痛快快哭上阵也许就好受些了。

I hope you'll soon feel better.

希望你的身体很快会好转。

I need you step it up a notch.我需要你升级一下恐怖程度

step up增加; 加快; 提升; 升高

I hope you try to get them to step up production.

希望你们尽力使厂家增加生产。

When do you get your next step up? ie When will you be promoted?

你何时晋级?

分享到
重点单词
  • notchn. 刻痕,等级,峡谷 vt. 刻凹痕,用刻痕计算,计分
  • blamen. 过失,责备 vt. 把 ... 归咎于,责备