美剧《摩登家庭》第1季第5集精讲 第11期:淘煤女
日期:2014-09-17 20:29

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

I made fun of his accent.
我取笑他的口音
What accent?
就像这样吗
I made fun of him for having the same thing for lunch every day.
我笑他每天午饭都吃一样的东西
I made fun of him because his mom used to dig coal.
我笑他妈妈以前是挖煤的
What?
什么
He said you were a coal digger.
他说你是个淘煤女
Okay, I think we can move on!
好了 我们聊些别的吧
Who said I was a coal digger?
谁说我是淘煤女
That's what my mom told me.
我妈妈这么说的
What's a coal digger?
什么是淘煤女
Sweetheart, he heard it wrong. It's "gold digger."
宝贝 他听错了 其实是"淘金女"
I'm gonna have to call you back.
我等下再打给你
Well, I really do not think that I remember ever saying that.
我一点也不记得我说过这样的话
Well, you said it in the car,
你开车的时候说过
You said it at christmas,
圣诞节也说过
You said it in the mexican restaurant --
在墨西哥餐厅也说过...
Okay, mr. "Leaves his sweatshirts at school every day" suddenly remembers everything.
这位成天把外套落在学校的没头脑 突然能想起来所有的事情
Thank you.
真是谢谢啊
And it was all in my head, huh?
这都是我胡思乱想的吧
Oh, listen,gloria, it --
Gloria 听我说 这...
It was like a year ago before...
这已经是一年前的事情了 那时...
I knew you...
我还不认识你...
nice going.
看你干的好事
Now my mom anmy sister are fighting.
搞得我妈和我姐吵架
If I say something that everybody else is thinking,
我只是说出了每个人都有的想法 难道这说明我为人刻薄吗 又或者
One who is courageous enough to stand up and say something...
这说明我勇于挺身而出 背着别人...
behind someone's back to...
跟一个10岁小孩
a 10-Year old?
道人长短...

重点解释

I made fun of his accent.我取笑他的口音

make fun of取笑; 拿 ... 开玩笑

It's wrong to make fun of people just because they're old.

仅因为人老了,就取笑他们是不对的。

People make fun of her because she always speaks foolishly.

人们嘲笑她,因为她常说傻话。

One who is courageous enough to stand up 这说明我勇于挺身而出

stand up站得住脚;经久耐用;经得住

We stand up for the cause of liberty and justice.

我们拥护自由和正义。

Will this car stand up to winter conditions here?

这汽车经得起这儿冬天的气候条件吗?

相关短语stand up to经受; 经得住; 抵抗

That is why they can't stand up to any serious test.

因此他们经受不住任何严重的考验。

This cloth is designed to stand up to a lot of wear and tear.

这种布料十分耐用。

分享到
重点单词
  • tearn. 眼泪,(撕破的)洞或裂缝,撕扯 vt. 撕掉,扯下
  • courageousadj. 勇敢的