BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第266期:伦斯特花园的谎言
日期:2015-03-15 09:32

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Any change, love? - No.
给点零钱吧.美女? - 不.
Oh, come on, love.Dont be like all the rest.
给点吧.美女,不要像其他人那样嘛
Rule one of looking for Sherlock Holmes, he finds you.
寻找夏洛克·福尔摩斯第一要诀.他会找到你.
Youre working for Sherlock now?
你现在为夏洛克工作了吗?
Keeps me off the streets, doesnt it? - Well...no.
我就不用流落街头了. - 并没有.
Where are you? - Cant you see me?
你在哪裡. - 你看不见我吗?
Well, what am I looking for?
我该去哪呢?
The lie, the lie of Leinster Gardens, hidden in plain sight.
伦斯特花园的谎言.近在眼前.
Hardly anyone notices.People live here for years and never see it.
几乎没人注意到,人们在这裡住了很久却从未留意到.
But if you are what I think you are,it will take you less than a minute.
但如果你是我想的那种人的话,你不费吹灰之力就能找到它
The houses, Mary. Look at the houses.
房子.玛丽.看著这些房子.
How did you know Id come here?
你怎么知道我会来这裡?
I knew youd talk to the people no-one else would bother with.
我知道你会去找别人不屑一顾的人.
Huh, I thought I was being clever.
我还自以为很聪明呢.
Youre always clever, Mary, I was relying on that.
你一向很聪明.玛丽.我就指著你的聪明呢.
I planted the information for you to find.
我留下讯息让你去找
30 seconds.
30秒.
But what am I looking at?
但这是什么?
No door knobs, no letterbox. Painted windows.
没有门把手.没有信箱.涂漆的窗户.
23 and 24 Leinster Gardens.The empty houses.
伦斯特花园23和24号.空房子
They were demolished years ago to make way for the London Underground,
因为修伦敦地铁,它们多年前已被废弃.
a vent for the old steam trains.
是一个老式蒸气火车的通风口
Only the very front section of the house remains.Its just a facade.
只有房子的前面一侧被保留了下来,只是表面的假象
Remind you of anyone, Mary?A facade?
让你想起什么人了吗.玛丽?表面假象?
Sorry, I never could resist a touch of drama.
抱歉.我总是忍不住增加戏剧性
Do come in. Its a little cramped.
进来吧.裡面有些窄.
Do you own this place?
这栋房子是你的吗?
Hmm, I won it in a card game with the Clarence House Cannibal.
我和克拉伦斯食人族玩纸牌时赢的
Nearly cost me my kidneys,but fortunately I had a straight flush.
差点把我的肾赔进去.但还好手上有副同花顺
Quite a gambler, that woman.
那女人真是个赌棍.


妙语佳句

Successor
n.接替的人或事物;继承人,继任者

He set out several principles that he hopes will guide his successors...
他制订了几条原则,希望可以引导继任者。
Several critics hailed him then as the greatest living Scottish poet, the natural successor to his old friend Hugh MacDiarmid.
紧接着,一些评论家称赞他为当今苏格兰最伟大的诗人,是他的老朋友休·麦克迪尔米德理所当然的接班人。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Instrumental
adj.乐器的;仪器的;有帮助的;起作用的

In his first years as chairman he was instrumental in raising the company's wider profile...
他任董事长的最初几年为提升公司的知名度起到了积极的推动作用。
Jesse Jackson was instrumental in the release of some of the hostages.
其中一些人质得以获释多亏了杰西·杰克逊。
The last track on the CD is an instrumental.
CD 上的最后一支曲目是一首器乐曲。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconcile (pp. & pt.reconciled)
vt.使和好,使和解;调停,排解(争端等);
[宗]使(场所等)洁净;[船]使(木板)接缝平滑

We suggest that it is possible to reconcile these apparently opposing perspectives...
我们认为这两个看似对立的观点是可以调和的。
Devlin was reconciled with the Catholic Church in his last few days.
德夫林在生命的最后几天与天主教会达成和解。
She had reconciled herself to never seeing him again.
她说服了自己永远不再和他见面。
She felt a little more reconciled to her lot.
她感到对自己的命运多少接受一些了。

剧情百科


如果能找到比Mycroft或John更理解Sherlock的,那么也只有Sherlock的粉丝团了。而在别人不屑寻求他们的帮助时,Mary找了他们,并且找到Sherlock的藏身处,这也是Mary的过人之处。那么Sherlock有意的安排究竟想与Mary说些什么呢?


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.


1.Unlike bony wings, number-crunching brains leave little trace in the _____ record.
和具有实体的翅膀不同,用来识数的大脑不会以化石的形式保存下来。
2.Men ______ ______ ______ struggling for survial against the elements.
人门习惯于在与自然力作斗争中求生存。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.He had painted all the wood with metallic silver paint...
他给所有的木材都涂上了一层闪耀着金属光泽的银漆。
2.He told the children to start moving clockwise around the room.
他让孩子们开始按顺时针方向绕着房间走。

分享到