BBC《新福尔摩斯》精讲第129期:亲切又恐怖的苏格兰场探长
日期:2012-11-22 11:31

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


What the hell are you doing here?!
你在这里搞什么鬼
Nice to see you too.
我也很高兴见到你
I'm on holiday, would you believe?
我在度假 你信吗
No, I wouldn't.
我不信
Hello, John. Greg.
你好 约翰 格雷格
I heard you were in the area. What are you up to?
听说你们在这边 忙什么呢
Are you after this Hound of Hell, like on the telly?
追查电视里说的那条地狱犬吗
I'm waiting for an explanation, Inspector, why are you here?
你还没解释呢 探长 你为什么会在这里
I've told you, I'm on holiday.
我说过了 我在度假
You're brown as a nut. You're clearly just back from your holidays.
你晒得这么黑 明显是刚度假回来
I fancied another one.
我还想再度一个
This is Mycroft, isn't it? Of course it is.
是麦考夫搞的鬼吧 当然是了
One mention of Baskerville and he sends down my handler to spy on me, incognito.
听到巴斯克维尔出了事就派我的监护人来暗中监视我 还用化名
Is that why you're calling yourself "Greg"?
所以你才自称什么"格雷格"
That's his name. Is it?
他本来就叫那个名字 是吗
Yes. If you'd ever bothered to find out.
没错 你压根就没关心过吧
Look, I'm not your handler. And I just do what your brother tells me.
听好 我不是你的监护人 我只是被你哥哥使唤惯了
Actually, you could be just the man we want. Why?
事实上 你来得正好 为什么
Well, I've not been idle, Sherlock. I think I might have found something. Here.
我可没闲着 夏洛克 我可能找到了点线索 这里
I didn't know if it was relevant. Starting to look like it might be.
我之前不知道是不是有关系 不过现在看上去似乎有点意思
That is an awful lot of meat for a vegetarian restaurant. Excellent.
素食餐厅 可用不了这么多肉啊 太棒了
A nice, scary inspector from Scotland Yard, who can put in a few calls, might come in very handy. Shop.
有了亲切又恐怖的苏格兰场探长 只要几通电话就能摆平 超便利 点单

重点讲解
一.on holiday:在度假;在休假中
e.g.:If they were poachers they perhaps knew the landowners were on holiday.
如果是偷猎者,他们可能知道这片土地的主人当时在度假。
二.in the area:在这个地区;在该领域
e.g.:Members of the small Yazidi sect which live in the area were the apparent targets.
显然袭击的目标是居住在这个地区的少数雅兹迪教派的成员。
三.what are you up to? 你在忙什么呢?
四.wait for:等候
e.g.:Can I wait for my roommate in your room?
我可不可以在你的宿舍等我的室友?
五.spy on:暗中监视;侦查
e.g.:In the game it is fine to steal territory with your army, spy on your enemies or send assassins to kill them.
在游戏中,你可以从你的敌人那里掠夺土地,向你的敌人派遣间谍,或是向敌方派出刺客。
六.find out:找出,查明;发现,揭发
e.g.:How do we find out about it?
我们怎么去发现这一点?

剧情介绍:
Greg探长的出现是巧合还是正如Sherlock所说被他的哥哥安排来监视他?显然Sherlock又发挥了他除了自己毫不关心的本事,连探长的名字也并不记得。可探长的出现也刚好帮了John一个大忙,为他解开素食餐厅肉食众多的谜团......

分享到
重点单词
  • apparentadj. 明显的,表面上的
  • territoryn. 领土,版图,领域,范围
  • idleadj. 无目的的,无聊的; 懒惰的,闲散的; 无根据的
  • explanationn. 解释,说明
  • relevantadj. 相关的,切题的,中肯的
  • spyn. 间谍,侦探,侦察 vt. 侦探,看到,找出 vi.