(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
Sorry, off piste a bit.Back now. Phew!
不好意思 又离题了 现在好了 咻!
Let's play a game. Let's play murder.
我们来玩一场谋杀游戏
Sherlock!
夏洛克!
Imagine someone's going to get murdered at a wedding.Who exactly would you pick?
想象一下 如果要在婚礼上杀一个人 你会选择谁呢?
I think you're a popular choice at the moment, dear.
现在来说 你应该是大众的不二之选 亲爱的
If someone could move Mrs Hudson's glass just slightly out of reach,that would be lovely.
要是有人能把哈德森太太的酒杯移得稍微远一点 我会很感激的
More importantly, who could you only kill at a wedding?
更重要的是 什么人只能在婚礼上被杀?
Most people you can kill any old place.
一般人你可以随便找个地方干掉
As a mental exercise, i've often planned the murder of friends and colleagues.
作为脑力锻炼 我经常计划怎么杀死朋友和同事
Now, John, I'd poison.Sloppy eater, dead easy.
如果是约翰 我会下毒 不挑吃 很好下手
I've given him chemicals and compounds, that way he's never even noticed.
即便我给他吃的东西加料了 他也注意不到
He missed a whole Wednesday once, didn't have a clue.
他曾经错过了一整个周三 完全不知所以
Lestrade's so easy to kill it's a miracle no-one's succumbed to the temptation.
雷斯垂德也很好下手 大家可以抵制这种诱惑真是奇迹
I've got keys to my brother's house, I could break in and asphyxiate him, if the whim arose.
我有我哥哥家的钥匙 哪天心血来潮 我可以潜入他家掐死他
!He's pissed, isn't he? Ow!
他醉了 是吧? 喔
So, once again,who could you only kill here?
再一次地 什么人 只能在婚礼上被杀?
Clearly it's a rare opportunity,so it's someone who doesn't get out much.
明显这是一个少有的机会 所以他应该是个不常出门的人
Someone for whom a planned social encounter known about months in advance is an exception.
只会出现在几个月前就计划好的社交活动
Has to be a unique opportunity.
绝对是千载难逢的机会
And since killing someone in public is difficult,killing them in private isn't an option.
既然在公共场合杀人如此困难 私下杀死他们又绝不可能
Someone who lives in an inaccessible or unknown location, then.
他肯定住在无法进入或不为人知的地方
Someone private perhaps, obsessed with personal security.
是个极度重视隐私和个人安全的人
Possibly someone under threat.
也许是收到过死亡威胁的人
Major James Sholto, who he? - I don't think he's coming.
詹姆斯·肖尔托少校 他谁? - 我觉得他不会来
He'll be there.
他会来的
Where are you living these days?
你现在住在哪?
Oh, way out in the middle of nowhere.
呃 在一个不知名的小地方
The press and families gave him hell.He gets more death threats than you.
媒体跟死者家庭没让他好过 他收到的死亡恐吓比你还多
A recluse?Small household staff.
隐士吗?小型家庭的家政人员
Job? - Gardener. - Cook. - Private nurse. - Maid.
工作? - 园丁 - 厨师 - 私人护士 - 女佣.
High turnover for additional security.
花了大价钱请额外的安保人员
I do security work. - Probably all signed confidentiality agreements.
我是保安 - 应该都签过保密协议.
Do you have a secret you've never told anyone? -No.
你有没有什么从未透露过的秘密 - 没有.
There is another question that remains. however.Rather a big one,a huge one how would you do it?
但是还有一个很重要的问题没有解决 一个很大的问题 你会怎么做?
How do you kill someone in public?There has to be a way. This has been planned.
怎么众目睽睽杀死一个人?肯定有办法 这是早就计划好的
Mr Holmes!Mr Holmes! - Hello, Archie, what's your theory?
福尔摩斯先生! - 你好啊 阿奇 你有什么看法?
Get this right and there's a headless nun in it for you.
要是猜对了 我就告诉你无头修女是怎么回事
The invisible man could do it. - The who, what, why, when, where?
隐形人可以做到 - 具体一点?
The invisible man with the invisible knife. The one who tried to kill the Guardsman.
隐形人可以用隐形刀 就像他杀死禁卫军的那样
Bainbridge?Bainbridge!
班布里奇!班布里奇!
Oh, not just planned,planned and rehearsed.
啊 不只是计划过 甚至彩排过
Ladies and gentlemen,there will now be a short interlude.
女士们先生们 现在是幕间休息
The bride and groom...The bride and groom.
敬新娘新郎...敬新娘新郎
Major Sholto's going to be murdered, I don't know how or by whom, but it's going to happen.
有人要杀詹姆斯·肖尔托少校 我不知道是谁 也不知道怎样杀 但一定会发生
Excuse me, coming through. Consulting.
不好意思 借过 请教个事
Stay here. - Please be careful.
别走开 - 小心点.
Excuse me. Coming through.Excuse me.
不好意思 借过 不好意思
I'm sorry, one more. Oops. I'm so sorry.Thank you.
不好意思 还有个人 不好意思 谢谢
妙语佳句
Construct (pp. & pt. constructed)
vt.修建,建造;构成;创立;[数]作图
n.结构(物);构想;概念
The French constructed a series of fortresses from Dunkirk on the Channel coast to Douai...
法国人在从敦克尔刻到杜埃的英吉利海峡沿岸修筑了一系列要塞。
You will find it difficult to construct a spending plan without first recording your spending...
你会发现不先把自己的开销记录下来就很难制订支出计划。
It was a re-enactment of the same mental construct under which slavery was justified.
这是为奴隶制辩护的同一思想观念的再现。
The country was an artificial construct held together by force and intimidation for more than 70 years.
这个国家是靠武力和恐吓维系达七十余年的人治政权。
-------------------------------------------------------
Random
adj.任意的;随机的;胡乱的
n.随意;偶然的行动
The survey used a random sample of two thousand people across England and Wales...
该调查在英格兰和威尔士随机抽样了2,000人。
Interviews with a randomly selected sample of thirty girls aged between 13 and 18.
在13到18岁女孩中随机抽取30位进行访谈
Children's words and actions are often fairly random.
小孩子的言行常常是随性而为。
Isn't this a demand to control the randomness of life?
这难道不是要求对生命的无常加以控制吗?
-------------------------------------------------------
Keen (pp. & pt. keened)
adj.厉害的,强烈的;敏锐的,敏捷的;锐利的;热心的
vi.(为死者)恸哭,哀号
n.〈英〉号哭,恸哭
I'm very keen that the European Union should be as open as possible to trade from Russia...
我热切地希望欧盟尽可能开放与俄罗斯的贸易。
I got quite keen on the idea...
我对这个想法燃起了极大的热情。
She was a keen amateur photographer.
她是业余摄影爱好者。
A keenness for the idea of a co-ordinated approach to development.
想要协调一致搞发展的强烈愿望
剧情百科
经过所有的排除,结果就剩下一个——Major James Shalto.而他也有足够的理由让人产生杀害的念头。Archie的一番无厘头的解释,却让Sherlock又得到一个信息...这场即将发生的案件不是即时的,而是已经策划已久的了,而Bainbridge就是他第一个试验品。那么Bainbridge到底是怎么死的呢?
考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.
1.Killer feature: syncs folders _____ on several devices
重要特性:可在不同设备上自动同步文件夹
2.Madagascar is the most _____ place I have ever been to...
马达加斯加是我去过的最迷人的地方。
A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:
1.The novel is constructed from a series of on-the-spot reports.
小说是基于一系列现场报道构思而成的。
2.The competitors will be subject to random drug testing.
参赛者将要接受随机药检。