(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
Jesus! Nothing there! It doesn't make any sense!
老天,什么都没有,说不通呀
What were you expecting to find?
你以为能找到什么,
A drug, of course. It has to be a drug.
当然是某种药物,肯定有某种药物,
An hallucinogenic or a deliriant of some kind.
可以引发幻觉或精神错乱之类,
There's no trace of anything in the sugar.
糖里什么都没有,
Sugar? - Sugar, yes.A simple process of elimination.
糖,-糖,是的,简单的排除法,
I saw the hound, saw it as my imagination expected me to see it.
我看到了猎犬,当然那是我的幻觉,
A genetically engineered monster.
让我以为那是个转基因怪物,
I knew I couldn't believe the evidence with my eyes,
我知道自己看到的是假象,
so there were seven possible reasons for it,
所以可能有七种解释,
the most possible being narcotics.
最有可能的一种就是药物影响,
Henry Knight, he saw it too,but you didn't, John. You didn't see it.
亨利·奈特,他也看见了,但你没有,约翰,你没看见,
We have eaten and drunk exactly the same things
自从来到格林盆,我们吃的喝的,
since we got to Grimpen, apart from one thing.
都一模一样,只有一个例外,
You don't take sugar in your coffee. - I see, so?
你喝咖啡不加糖,-懂了,然后呢,
I took it from Henry's kitchen, his sugar.It's perfectly all right.
我从亨利的厨房里拿了点糖,但它完全没问题,
But maybe it's not a drug. - No, it has to be a drug.
或许并非药物所致,-不,肯定是,
How did it get into our systems? How?
药物究竟是如何进入我们的身体,
There has to be something, something...Something...
肯定有些什么东西,一些,
Something buried deep.Get out. - What?
一些藏得很深的线索,出去,-什么,
Get out, I need to go to my mind palace.
出去,我要进入我的思维殿堂,
Your what?
你的什么,
He's not going to be doing much talking for a while,we may as well go.
这种时候他会变得少言寡语,我们还是出去吧,
His what? - His "Mind Palace".
他的什么,-他的思维殿堂,
It's a memory technique, a sort of mental map.You plot a map with a location,
这是一种记忆方式,一种思维地图,你在地图上绘制地点,
it doesn't have to be a real place.You deposit memories there.
不必是真实的地点,把记忆存储在那里,
Theoretically, you never forget anything.
理论上来说,这样你什么都不会遗忘,
All you do is find your way back to it.
只要找对途径,就能找回记忆,
So this imaginary location could be anything,
所以这种意念化地点可以是任何场所,
a house or a street? - Yeah.
比方一座房子或一条街,-是的,
But he said "palace", he said it was a palace?
可他说是"殿堂",他说那是殿堂,
Yeah, well, he would, wouldn't he?
是啊,他就这德性,还能咋样,
妙语佳句
Discipline (pt&pp.disciplined)
vt.训练;使有纪律;处罚;使有条理
n.训练;纪律;学科;符合行为准则的行为(或举止)
Order and discipline have been placed in the hands of headmasters and governing bodies.
维持秩序和纪律的工作已交接给了校长和管理机构了。
The workman was disciplined by his company but not dismissed...
那个工人受到了公司的处罚,但并没有被解雇。
------------------------------------------------------
Be involved in
涉及,专心;卷入
He was rumoured to be involved in the crime.
有传言说他卷入了这桩罪行。
------------------------------------------------------
Apart from
脱离;除此之外(表示除…以外别无);除去;撇开…来说(表示除…以外尚有)
And apart from that we would keep it absolutely secret.
除那些人以外,我们完全保密。
剧情百科
每个人都可以通过一种记忆方式,一种思维地图来永久记忆信息。Sherlock通过一丝灵感很快找到了线索,但仅仅一些线索就能搜索到病毒源泉吗?
考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.
1.And what happens when the _____ comes off?
如果卸下伪装我会变成什么样?
2.All this might be cause to _____ india.
所有这些都可能造成人们对印度丧失信心。
A:本期答案见下期
上期答案
1.We're talking about (discipline and maturity!
我们还在说纪律和成熟呢!
2.I don't want to (be involved in this thing.
我不想卷进这件事。