BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第231期:听完别人讲话是最基础的礼貌
日期:2014-09-29 17:14

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Company halt!Right turn!
全体立定!向右转!
We're here to see Private Stephen Bainbridge.
我们来这里找史蒂文·班布里奇
He's on duty right now, sir.
先生 他现在在值岗
But I'll certainly let him know when he's free.
他有空了我会告诉他的
And when will that be? - Another hour.
他什么时候有空? - 一小时后
Do you think they give them classes? - Classes?
你觉得他们给他上过课么? - 上课?
How to resist the temptation to scratch their behinds.
如果有人挠他们的话 怎样忍住不笑
Afferent neurons in the peripheral nervous system.Bum-itch. - Oh.
外周神经系统的传入神经元控制.屁股痒. - 哦
So why don't you see him any more?
你为什么没有再见到他了?
Who? - Your previous commander, Sholto.
谁? - 你上一任的长官 肖尔托
Previous commander? - I meant ex.
上一任长官? - 我是说前任
"Previous" suggests that I currently have a commander.
'上一任'说明我现在有了新长官
Which you don't. - Which I don't. - Of course you don't.
而你没有 - 是没有 - 你当然没有.
He was decorated, wasn't he? A war hero?
他有授勋吧? 战争英雄?
Not to everyone.He led a team of crows into battle. - Crows?
不同人有不同的看法,他率领一群'乌鸦'加入战斗. - 乌鸦?
New recruits. It's standard procedure break the new boys in.But it went wrong.
新兵 这是标准流程 来训练新人,但却出了问题
They all died, he was the only survivor.
他们全部阵亡 只有他自己活下来.
The press and families gave him hell, he gets more death threats than you.
媒体和阵亡士兵的家人都痛骂他 ,他受到的死亡威胁比你还多
Oh, I wouldn't count on that.
哦 这可难说
And why have you suddenly taken an interest in another human being?
你为什么突然对别人感兴趣了?
I'm "chatting".
我在'聊天'
I won't be trying that again.
我以后不会再这样了
Changing the subject completely...you know it won't alter anything, right, me and Mary getting married?
我们换个话题吧...你明白即使我和玛丽结婚 一切也都不会改变的
We'll still be doing all this.
我们还会做一起共事
Oh, good. - If you were worried.
很好 - 你是不是很担心.
I wasn't worried.
我才不担心
The thing about Mary,she has completely turned my life around.Changed everything.
关于玛丽.她彻底地改变了我的生活,一切都因她而改变
But, for the record,over the last few years there are two people who have done that,
但是 回想一下,在过去的几年里只有两个人做到这一点
and the other one is...a complete dickhead.
另一个人是...一个大白痴


妙语佳句

Conquer (pp. & pt. conquered)
vt.征服;攻克;打败(敌人);克服
vi.得胜,胜利

Early in the eleventh century the whole of England was again conquered by the Vikings.
11世纪早期,整个英格兰再次被北欧海盗征服。
I was certain that love was quite enough to conquer our differences...
我相信爱足以克服我们的种种差异。
He has never conquered his addiction to smoking.
他一直未能戒除烟瘾。

-------------------------------------------------------

Particular
adj.特别的;详细的;独有的;挑剔的
n.特色,特点;(可分类,列举的)项目;详细情节,细情,细目;某一事项

I remembered a particular story about a postman who was a murderer...
我记得有个故事,讲的是一个邮递员杀人的事情。
I have a particular responsibility to ensure I make the right decision...
我肩负特殊责任,必须确保自己作出的决定是正确的。
Particular emphasis will be placed on oral language training.
将会特别强调口语训练。
Ted was very particular about the colors he used.
特德在用色上非常讲究。

-------------------------------------------------------


Sentimental
adj.伤感的;多愁善感的;感情用事的;寓有情感的

I'm trying not to be sentimental about the past...
我努力不让自己表现得感怀过去。
Perhaps he has returned for sentimental reasons.
也许他是出于情感上的原因才回来的。
Childhood had less freedom and joy than we sentimentally attribute to it.
童年并非像我们现在一厢情愿所认为的那样自在快乐。

剧情百科



考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.The transparent timetable worked like a turbocharger on a _____.
这个透明的时间表就像是甲壳虫轿车的涡轮增压器。
2.Brazil need to beat Uruguay to be _____ of a place in the finals...
巴西必须击败乌拉圭才能确保进入决赛。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.If we'd all work together, I think we could accomplish our goal...
只要大家齐心协力,我想我们就能实现目标。
2.Unemployment is so damaging both to individuals and to communities.
失业对个人和社会都有极大的负面影响。

分享到
重点单词
  • sentimentaladj. 感伤性的,感情脆弱的
  • emphasisn. 强调,重点
  • beatv. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动 n. 敲打,拍子,心跳
  • previousadj. 在 ... 之前,先,前,以前的
  • attributevt. 把 ... 归于 n. 属性,特征,标志,象征
  • peripheraladj. 不重要的,外围的 n. 外围设备
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • conquervt. 征服,战胜,克服 vi. 得胜
  • alterv. 改变,更改,阉割,切除