BBC《新福尔摩斯》精讲第154期:与国际杀手做邻居不是好玩的
日期:2013-09-22 15:13

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Who’s that? - Don’t know?
这谁? - 不认识吗?
No.Never seen his face before?
没见过么?
He’s taken a flat in Baker Street, two doors down from you.
他刚住到贝克街,就和你们隔了两户人家。
I was thinking of doing a drinks thing for the neighbours.
我正想拜访下邻居呢。
I’m not sure you’ll want to.
我看还是算了,
Sulejmani Albanian hit squad, expertly trained killer, living less than 20 feet from your front door.
他是职业杀手,就住在离你们家不到20尺的地方。
Well, it’s a great location. Jubilee line’s handy.
那地段好啊,坐地铁方便。
John… - What’s it got to do with me?
约翰。。 - 这跟我有什么关系?
Dyachenko Ludmila.
季亚琴科 柳德米拉
Actually, I think I have seen her.
我好像见过她。
Russian killer. She’s taken the flat opposite.
俄国杀手。住你们家对面。
OK. I’m sensing a pattern here.
好吧,我有点明白你的意思了。
In fact, four top international assassins relocate to within spitting distance of 221b.
其实四个国际顶级此刻都搬到了221B附近。
Anything you’d care to share with me?
有什么想告诉我的么?
I’m moving?
我该搬家了吗?
It’s not hard to guess the common denominator, is it?
不难猜到他们的共同之处。
You think this is Moriarty?
你觉得是莫里亚蒂安排的吗?
He promised Sherlock he’d come back.
他跟夏洛克说他一定会回来的。
If this was Moriarty, we’d be dead already.
如果这是莫里亚蒂的杰作,我们早死了。
If not Moriarty, then who?
如果不是他,那又是谁?
Why don’t you talk to Sherlock, if you’re so concerned about him? God, don’t tell me.
既然你这么担心夏洛克,怎么不去找他谈谈呢?噢,算了。
Too much history between us, John. Old scores, resentments.
我们之间有太多事。旧账,愤恨。
Nicked all his Smurfs? Broke his Action Man? Finished.
偷走了他的蓝精灵,还是弄坏了他的机动战士?看完了。
We both know what’s coming, John.
我们都知道要发生什么。
Moriarty is obsessed, he’s sworn to destroy his only rival.
莫里亚蒂不会罢休的,他发誓要干掉他唯一的敌手。
So you want me to watch out for your brother because he won’t accept your help?
所以你要我去照看你弟弟,就是因为他不会接受你的帮助?
If it’s not too much trouble.
希望不会太麻烦你。

妙语佳句

Determination
n.决心;决定,确定;[物]测定,计算

He reaffirmed their determination to tackle inflation...
他重申了他们要解决通货膨胀问题的决心。
Composure and determination will help them achieve success.
沉着和果断会为他们赢得成功。

------------------------------------------------------
Relocate (pp&pt.relocated)
vt.& vi.迁移;重新安置

There will be the problem of where to relocate the returning troops...
重新安置退伍军人将成为问题。
They cannot relocate to find employment.
他们无法迁移到别处寻找工作。

------------------------------------------------------
On earth
世界上;究竟, 到底;世上;天底下

Apple is the most successful company on earth.
苹果是世界上最成功的公司。

------------------------------------------------------
Be concerned about
关心,挂念;惦

They're also concerned about higher capital-gains tax rates.
他们还担心资本利得税税率上调。


剧情百科

不管四个国际杀手是否受Moriarty派遣,住在这么恐怖的环境总让人提心吊胆。不过搞不懂得是为什么一向重视政府权益的Mycroft突然关心他的弟弟Sherlock,这是出于兄弟情义还是另有目的?

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.Yet desperate times may lead to _____ measures.
然而绝望的时刻或许会引发 极端的措施
2.Don't _____ what you have.
不要认为你所拥有的是理所当然的。

A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.I got both back through (determination) and hard work.
我通过决心和努力工作又得到了这些。
2.He loves you as if you were the only person (on earth).
他爱你,好象你是世上唯一的一个人一般。

分享到
重点单词
  • determinationn. (正式)决定,规定,决心,测定,定位
  • composuren. 镇静,沉著
  • patternn. 图案,式样,典范,模式,型 v. 以图案装饰,仿造
  • relocatev. 重新装置,再配置,放在新地方
  • obsessedadj. 着迷的
  • inflationn. 膨胀,通货膨胀
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • rivaln. 对手,同伴,竞争者 adj. 竞争的 v. 竞争,
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的
  • achievev. 完成,达到,实现