BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第190期:胡子会让你显得更老
日期:2014-08-17 20:23

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Oh, no, you don't take it, do you? - No.
哦不.你不加这个吧. - 是的.
You forget a little thing like that. - Yes.
这种小事很容易忘 - 是啊
You forget lots of little things, it seems.
你似乎忘了很多小事
Not sure about that.Ages you.
胡子不太好看.让你显老
Just trying it out. - Well, it ages you.
我只是想试试. - 反正显老
Look... - I'm not your mother, I've no right to expect it...
听我说.-我不是你妈.我也不指望
No... - But just one phone call, John!Just one phone call would have done.
不. - 但至少打一个电话啊.约翰.你来一个电话就够了
I know.
我知道
After all we went through!
我们一起经历了那么多.
Yes.I am sorry.
我知道.我很抱歉
Look, I understand how difficult it was for you after...after...
我知道你很难熬.他...那个之后...
I just let it slide, Mrs Hudson, I let it all slide.
是我放开了一切.赫德森太太
And it just got harder and harder to pick up the phone, somehow.
不知道为什么.给你打电话变得越来越难.
Do you know what I mean?
你懂我的意思吗?
I need you to give this matter your full attention,Sherlock, is that quite clear?
你必须全身心投入这起案件.夏洛克.你明白吗
What do you think of this shirt? - Sherlock!
你觉得这件衬衫怎么样 - 夏洛克
I will find your underground terror cell, Mycroft.
我会查出那个地下恐怖网.麦考夫
Just put me back in London.I need to get to know the place again, breathe it in.
让我回伦敦就行.我得重新熟悉那座城市.呼吸它的空气
Feel every quiver of its beating heart.
感受它的每一次心跳
One of our men died getting this information.
我们的一位同事为了这份情报牺牲了
All the chatter, all the traffic concurs,there's going to be a terrorist strike on London, a big one.
目前所有流言和消息都表明.伦敦将发生一起大规模恐怖袭击
And what about John Watson? - John?
约翰·华生呢? - 约翰
Have you seen him?
你见过他吗.
Oh, yes,we meet up every Friday for fish and chips.
当然,我们每周五都会一起吃炸鱼薯条
I've kept a weather eye on him, of course.We haven't been in touch at all to...prepare him.
我当然在一直暗中监视他..我们还没接触过他.让他有所准备
No.Well, we'll have to get rid of that. - "We?"
不.我们得把这胡子剃了 - 我们.
He looks ancient.I can't be seen to be wandering around with an old man.
太显老了.我可不想被人看到和老头子四处闲逛


妙语佳句


Ridiculous
adj.可笑的,荒谬的;荒唐的,愚蠢的;胡枝扯叶

It is ridiculous to suggest we are having a romance...
暗示我们正在谈恋爱的说法真是太荒谬了。
It was an absolutely ridiculous decision.
这是一个绝对荒谬的决定。

-------------------------------------------------------

Puzzle (pp. & pt. puzzled)
vt.使迷惑,使难解
vt.& vi.为难,伤脑筋
n.智力测验,智力玩具;难题;令人费解的事[人];谜一般的事物

My sister puzzles me and causes me anxiety.
我妹妹总让我捉摸不透,弄得我焦虑不安。
In rehearsing Shakespeare, I puzzle over the complexities of his verse and prose.
在排演莎士比亚的戏剧时,其中诗句和散文的复杂让我大伤脑筋。
Data from Voyager II has presented astronomers with a puzzle about why our outermost planet exists...
“旅行者二号”发回的数据给天文学家们提出了一个难题:离我们最远的那颗行星为什么会存在.

-------------------------------------------------------

Scheme (pp. & pt. schemed)
vt.& vi.策划,图谋
n.计划;体系;阴谋
vt.设计,计划;谋划,图谋
vi.密谋,制定计划

The company was pouring around $30 million into the scheme.
该公司要向该计划注资约 3,000 万美元。
They would first have to work out some scheme for getting the treasure out...
他们首先得想个法子把财宝取出来。
They claimed that their opponents were scheming against them...
他们声称对手正在算计他们。

-------------------------------------------------------

Intervene (pp. & pt. intervened)
vi.阻碍;出面;插嘴;介于…之间

The situation calmed down when police intervened...
警方干预后,局势平息下来。
'I've told you he's not here,' Irena intervened.
“我告诉你了他不在这里,”伊雷娜插话说。
I pray that death may not intervene to prevent our meeting with my darling children.
我祈祷死亡不要阻挠我们与我亲爱的孩子们见一面。


剧情百科

这次Sherlock回伦敦是为了帮助哥哥Mycroft查出并瓦解地下恐怖网。这也正合Sherlock意,只要回到伦敦,只要回到John身边,什么都没问题。看来Sherlock惦记John程度远比John惦记Sherlock。


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.The company already has a social _____ in google+.

公司已经有了Google+的社交网络

2.Most of us feel more _____ and more competent when we dress well.
我们穿着得体的时候,往往会更自信和更有竞争力。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.We see that evidence in readership numbers, too.
我们也看到了读者人数方面的证据
2.The process takes place in real time, so the luminous map changes as the patient moves.
这整个过程都是实时进行的,因此发光的分布图会因病人的移动而发生变化。

分享到
重点单词
  • celln. 细胞,电池,小组,小房间,单人牢房,(蜂房的)巢室
  • puzzlen. 谜,难题,迷惑 vt. 使困惑,使为难 vi. 迷
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • luminousadj. 发光的,发亮的,清楚的,明白易懂的
  • competentadj. 有能力的,胜任的,足够的
  • ridiculousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的
  • preventv. 预防,防止
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • intervenevi. 干涉,干预,插入,介入,调停,阻挠
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(