BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第195期:大庭广众冉冉的秘密还是秘密吗?
日期:2014-08-22 09:56

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

I calculated that there were 13 possibilities.once I'd invited Moriarty onto the roof.
我算了一下.把莫里亚蒂引到屋顶之后,有十三种可能情况
I wanted to avoid dying, if at all possible.
如果可以.我不想把死亡加进去
The first scenario involved,hurling myself into a parked hospital van filled with washing bags.
第一种就是,跳进装满洗衣袋的医院货车里
Impossible, the angle was too steep.
不太可能.因为坡度太陡
Secondly, a system of Japanese wrestling...
第二种.来一场日本摔跤
You know, for a genius, you can be remarkably thick.
作为天才.你可真是迟钝到家了
What? - I don't care how you faked it, Sherlock.I want to know why.
什么. - 我不管你是怎么做到的.夏洛克.我想知道为什么
Why? Because Moriarty had to be stopped.
为什么.因为我必须阻止莫里亚蒂
Why, as in...?I see. Yes. Why?
你是说为什么...我懂了.是啊.为什么呢
That's a little more difficult to explain.
解释起来有点复杂
I've got all night.
我晚上没别的事
Actually, um, that was mostly Mycroft's idea.
其实那都是麦考夫的主意
Oh, so it was your brother's plan?
这是你哥哥安排的
Oh, but he would have needed a confidante.Sorry.
对了.他需要一个保密人.抱歉
But he was the only one? The only one who knew?
只有他知道吗.还有别人吗
A couple of others. It was a very elaborate plan, it had to be.
还有几个.那计划很周密.必须如此.
The next of the 13 possibilities was...
十三种情况当中....
Who else?Who else knew?Who?! - Molly.
还有谁?还有谁知道?还有谁.-茉莉-
Molly?! - John...
茉莉.-约翰-
Molly Hooper and some of my homeless network and that's all. - OK.
茉莉·霍普.一些流浪汉.没了. - 好吧
Ok.So just your brother, Molly Hooper and 100 tramps.
很好,你哥哥.茉莉·霍普.和一百个流浪汉
Ha, no! 25 at most.
才没有.最多二十五个
Seriously, it's not a joke? You're really keeping this?
说真的.你不是闹着玩.真打算留着胡子吗
Er, yeah.
是的
Sure?
你确定吗
Mary likes it.
玛丽喜欢
Hmm, no, she doesn't.
不.她不喜欢
She does. - She doesn't.
她喜欢. - 她不喜欢
Oh, don't.
别留了
Oh, brilliant.
好极了. -
Look, I'm sorry, I'm sorry,I didn't know how to tell you...
抱歉.真抱歉.我不知道该怎么和你说
Right, no, no, this is charming. I've really missed this.
很好.没事.太棒了.我还真怀念这样
One word, Sherlock, that is all I would have needed!
你给个消息也好.夏洛克.就足够了
One word to let me know that you were alive!
给个消息.让我知道你还活着
I've nearly been in contact so many times, but...
我好几次想和你联系.但是...
I worried that, you know,you might say something indiscreet. - What?
我就是担心,你会一不小心说出来. - 什么
You know, let the cat out of the bag.
泄露了秘密
So this is my fault!
这还是我的错了
Oh, God! - Why am I the only one who thinks that this is wrong?!
天哪. - 为什么只有我觉得这样不对
The only one reacting like a human being!
只有我的反应像个正常人
Over-reacting. - Over-reacting!
过度反应. - 过度反应
John!
约翰.
Over-reacting! So you fake your own death and you waltz in here large as bloody life!
过度反应,你假死了一次,接着又这么大摇大摆地活了过来
But I'm not meant to have a problem with it,
但是我不应该有意见
cos Sherlock Holmes thinks it's a perfectly OK thing to do!
因为夏洛克·福尔摩斯认为这完全没问题
Shut up! John. I don't want everyone knowing I'm still alive!
闭嘴.约翰.我还不想让所有人都知道我没死
Oh, so it's still a secret, is it?! - Yes, it's still a secret!
这还是秘密吗. - 对啊.还是秘密
Promise you won't tell anyone? - Swear to God!
你保证别说出去. - 我对天发誓
London is in danger, John.
伦敦有危险.约翰
There's an imminent terrorist attack and I need your help.
马上会发生一场恐怖袭击.我需要你的帮助
My help?
我的帮助
You have missed this, admit it.
你很怀念这样.承认吧
The thrill of the chase, the blood pumping through your veins,just the two of us against the rest of the world.
那追逐的刺激.血脉喷张的感觉,我们两个人一起对抗整个世界


妙语佳句

Apology
n.道歉认错,愧悔;正式辩解,正式辩护;解释;〈口〉临时凑合的代用品

He made a public apology for the team's performance.
他就队伍的表现公开道歉。
When Mary finally appeared, she made her apologies to Mrs Madrigal.
最终露面时,玛丽向马德里加尔夫人表示了歉意。
Union officials made no apologies for the threatened chaos.
工会干部们对于迫在眉睫的混乱局面不予道歉。

-------------------------------------------------------

Grieve (pp. & pt. grieved)
vt.使伤心;使悲伤
vi.伤心;悲伤

Margery's grieving family battled to come to terms with their loss.
玛格丽万分悲痛的家人努力从丧亲之痛中恢复过来。
It grieved me to see the poor man in such distress.
看见这个可怜的人如此困窘,我很难过。

-------------------------------------------------------

Grave (pp.graved & pt. graven graved)
adj.重大的,重要的;严重的;[音乐]沉重的;(颜色等)朴素的
adv.沉重地,庄重地;极慢地
n.坟墓,墓穴;埋葬…的地方;下场;死亡
vt.雕刻;铭记

They used to visit her grave twice a year.
他们以前每年去她的墓前凭吊两次。
Most men would rather go to the grave than own up to feelings of dependency.
大多数男人宁死都不愿承认有依赖感。
I have grave doubts that the documents tell the whole story.
我对这些文件能否说明所有的问题深表怀疑。

剧情百科

天才Sherlock在缉拿犯罪,化学,政治能力上是叱咤风云人物,奈何却对人性判断永远捉不着边。虽然自己再三真诚的向John道歉,但两年的火气怎可能一时消掉呢?


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.Many bloggers and other e-mailers may lose protective anonymity.

许多博客和电子邮件作者可能不再享受匿名保护。

2.Photography often blurs the distinction between art and reality.
摄影技术经常模糊了艺术和真实之间的区别


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.How would you reform the gses?
你会怎样对GSE进行改革
2.These vegetables and herbs have strong antiseptic qualities.
这些蔬菜和草本植物有很强的杀菌性。


分享到
重点单词
  • networkn. 网络,网状物,网状系统 vt. (以网络)覆
  • chasen. 追求,狩猎,争取 vt. 追捕,狩猎 vt. 雕刻
  • brilliantadj. 卓越的,光辉的,灿烂的 n. 宝石
  • graven. 坟墓,墓穴 adj. 严肃的,严重的,庄重的
  • reformv. 改革,改造,革新 n. 改革,改良
  • charmingadj. 迷人的
  • distinctionn. 差别,对比,区分,荣誉,优秀
  • avoidvt. 避免,逃避
  • antisepticn. 杀菌剂,防腐剂 adj. 杀菌的,防腐的,极为干净
  • madrigaln. 牧歌,情歌,小调,合唱曲