BBC迷你剧《新福尔摩斯》精讲第110期:巴斯克维尔有什么秘密
日期:2012-10-19 11:47

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏



Are you laughing at me, Mr Holmes?
你是在笑我吗 福尔摩斯先生
Why, are you joking?
怎么 你在开玩笑吗
My dad was always going on about the things they were doing at Baskerville.
我父亲一直在怀疑巴斯克维尔的秘密
About the type of monsters they were breeding there.
他们究竟造出了什么样的怪兽
People used to laugh at him. At least the TV people took me seriously.
过去别人总是嘲笑他 至少电视台的人把我说的当回事
And I assume did wonders for Devon tourism.
我猜这节目带动了德文郡的旅游业
Yeah...Henry, whatever did happen to your father, it was 20 years ago. Why come to us now?
好了...亨利 无论你父亲发生了什么事 那已经是20年前了 为什么现在才来找我们
Not sure you can help me, Mr Holmes, since you find it all so funny!
我不确定你是不是能帮我 福尔摩斯先生 你竟然以为这是笑话
Because of what happened last night.
因为昨晚发生的事
Why, what happened last night?
什么 昨晚发生了什么事
How... How do you know?
你怎么知道
I didn't know, I noticed.
我并不知道 我观察到的
You came up from Devon on the first available train this morning.
你坐德文郡开出的第一班火车过来
You had a disappointing breakfast and a cup of black coffee.
吃了差劲的早餐 喝了清咖啡
The girl on the seat across the aisle fancied you. Though initially keen, you've now changed your mind.
过道对面的女孩吸引了你 虽然你最初很热情 不过很快又冷淡了
You are, however, extremely anxious to have your first cigarette of the day.
而你现在 正急不可待地想要抽今天的第一支烟
Sit down, Mr Knight, and do please smoke. I'd be delighted.
奈特先生 请坐下抽完这支烟 我很乐意你这么做
How on Earth did you notice all that?
你到底怎么会注意到这些
It's not important...
这不重要...
Punched out holes where your ticket's been checked.
穿孔纸屑证明你被检过票
Not now, Sherlock.
现在不是时候 夏洛克
Oh, please, I've been cooped-up for ages!
我都快憋死了
You're showing off.
你这是炫耀
Of course I am a show-off, that's what we do.
我就是爱炫耀 我们这类人就这样

重点讲解
一.laugh at:嘲笑;因…而发笑
如果有人做了蠢事或值得令人发笑的事情时,你就可以放声大笑或是嘲笑他一番了,此时你要使用laugh at这个短语就再合适不过了。
e.g.:Laugh at him behind his back with your colleagues.
在他背后和同事一起嘲笑他。
二.at least:至少

e.g.:Our headmaster rattled on for at least two hours at the opening ceremony.
我们的校长在开学典礼上唠唠叨叨地讲了至少两个小时。
三.happen to:发生于;偶然发生
e.g.:Ever have these happen to you, or have you ever made these mistakes?
你是否碰巧遇上了这样的人,或者你曾经犯过这些错误?
四.come up:走近;发生;开始;上升;发芽;被提出
e.g.:They come up with me, my clients, and my friends frequently.
他们经常过来找我,我的客户以及我的朋友。
五.show off:炫耀;卖弄
e.g.:The dance circle was awhirl with color as each dancer spun and jumped to show off his athletic skills.
每个舞者都以旋转和跳跃炫耀自己的舞技,服饰上旋转的色彩令人眼花缭乱。

剧情介绍:
当别人满怀心事的求助于你的时候,你常常回报以怎样的态度?专心的倾听还是嘲讽的一笑?愿意向你倾诉的人是愿意相信你的人,请不要将他们的话当做一个简单的玩笑。

分享到
重点单词
  • availableadj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的
  • aislen. (席位间的)通道,侧廊
  • keenadj. 锋利的,敏锐的,强烈的,精明的,热衷的
  • athleticadj. 运动的,活跃的,健壮的
  • initiallyadv. 最初,开头
  • knightn. 骑士,爵士,武士 vt. 授以爵位
  • extremelyadv. 极其,非常
  • disappointingadj. 令人失望的 动词disappoint的现在分词
  • ceremonyn. 典礼,仪式,礼节,礼仪
  • assumevt. 假定,设想,承担; (想当然的)认为